Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And really good sliders:
Old 02-13-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RockYacht
Fugg It, to answer your question, we offerred to have the sliders stripped and re coated at a local powder coater - even though that was going to cost more than shipping them here to WY and back to him and the labor to PC them ourselves. We got a quote of like $400.00. Yet we were willing to do this as a time saver for the customer - even though we would have lost alot of money. We wanted to save him time and make him happy.

We did refund the shipping, well in a non direct way. We sent him a call tag from UPS to have the sliders picked up and shipped back. Thought that was clear... Basically it boils down to this individual refusing to have a warranty claim processed and wanting to return the goods and get a refund AND hide behind his keyboard and drag my company through some mud. As someone pointed out earlier, our policies are on our website, you the consumer are responsible for the return shipping to us the manufacturer when you want a refund. It's in black and white... But the best part of this whole ordeal is that he was refunded the dollar amount he actually spent with NorthRidge. So he is out no money, what he's trying to do hear is make money on the deal. He spent 599.99 with NorthRidge, got 599.99 back from NorthRidge and then wanted us to give him the shipping charges that were billed to NorthRidge - back to him... How does that work??? He also doesn't mention that we actually went above and beyond by not holding fast to our return policy - which states you the consumer are responsible for shipping on returned goods - we sent AND PAID for the call tag. So this guy is out nothing, save a little time.

Bob
Again, Well said Bob... Y'all keep up the great service Bro!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Fugg it

you're right I misread. from what I understand now, good ol northridge refunded him the money for shipping ($40 for example)
I think he's frustrated that t&t wasn't going to refund the $40 for shipping and was ok with their customer having no sliders and also being out $40. Im sure others can understand too and I would be frustrated and probably not want to take them to a powdercoater or spray paint them with rustoleum either and hope they held up better.
I'm sure ill get flamed for saying that and sticking up for the OP after reading people's responses but I think any of us would be slightly upset in his situation too.
My question too is why would T&T offer to pay to have the sliders powder coated but not refund the shipping cost?
You are still missing the facts. TnT offered to #1) replace the sliders free of any cost, or #2) pay for them to be re-painted, free of any cost. They were honoring thier work and warranty by giving him options. This is standard practice for all retailers...you get something, it's not right, try either fix it (#2 above) or replace it (#1 above).

They can't refund shipping cost because there was none. He bought the from northridge with free shipping. He never paid for any shipping whatsoever. They would have shipped him the new set and taken the old set back as a warranty claim. Why would they pay for shipping to receive and item that northridge sold him? That would be like asking the actual company, eBay to take back and pay for shipping for something that you bought from "joeschmo" the reseller on eBay.com

Fact of the matter is TnT tried to make it right in two different ways, he didn't take it, yet he felt like he was owed shipping for something that he NEVER paid shipping on.

It's the most asinine thing I have seen in a long time.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

I'm gonna watch this thread while I'm offshore for the next 3 weeks...
Old 02-13-2013, 05:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi
And really good sliders:
Those are some bitchin sliders. Pun intended.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in fl as well and have had the same sliders on my rig for a year now. I absolutely love them and wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their products. As a mater of fact I happen to have a PayPal account collecting funds for a few of their parts. I know as a customer we never want to be responsible for shipping but as a business owner you can only do so much. They offered to fix the issue and you opted to return the item instead. In my industry you would be stuck with the freight back as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1505029676.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	421991  

Last edited by BrowniesJK; 02-13-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I thought the whole reason for rock sliders is to SLIDE them on ROCKS?? Does that not scratch the powder coat???
Old 02-13-2013, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKid22
I thought the whole reason for rock sliders is to SLIDE them on ROCKS?? Does that not scratch the powder coat???
Only if used properly. Improper use involves shopping carts.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheKid22
True, but I can relate to the original argument (not the bitching about nothing part, though) in a sense that if you buy something new, you expect to get it in a "new" condition. Doesn't matter if you are going to destroy it anyway, but that you should be the only person to mess it up.

Kinda like if you ordered a new bumper and it came dented... it is supposed to bump things and prevent damage to the body, but no one would want to buy one at full price that had already been bumped.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Brightwhite

You are still missing the facts. TnT offered to #1) replace the sliders free of any cost, or #2) pay for them to be re-painted, free of any cost. They were honoring thier work and warranty by giving him options. This is standard practice for all retailers...you get something, it's not right, try either fix it (#2 above) or replace it (#1 above).

They can't refund shipping cost because there was none. He bought the from northridge with free shipping. He never paid for any shipping whatsoever. They would have shipped him the new set and taken the old set back as a warranty claim. Why would they pay for shipping to receive and item that northridge sold him? That would be like asking the actual company, eBay to take back and pay for shipping for something that you bought from "joeschmo" the reseller on eBay.com

Fact of the matter is TnT tried to make it right in two different ways, he didn't take it, yet he felt like he was owed shipping for something that he NEVER paid shipping on.

It's the most asinine thing I have seen in a long time.
true, I guess he didn't pay for shipping. I'm guessing northridge covered shipping them back.

Quick Reply: Do not do business with tnt customs!!!!!!!