Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do new Jeeps have a "black box"?

Old 05-27-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
or must we have no mouth to speak of such ! personaly canada has to come to america to get medical attention if they get in a accident dont they (anything serious ) that thier medical coverage wont cover same as the new obama care lol ive read
I don't understand

Canadians are not covered for medical care in USA anyway. Obama or not, nothing has changed for the Canadians.
If I have an accident in USA, I have a 5 million $ medical care insurance with my Visa Gold card.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

or must we have no mouth to speak of such ! personaly canada has to come to america to get medical attention if they get in a accident dont they (anything serious ) that thier medical coverage wont cover same as the new obama care lol ive read
What , Obama , coverage , accident huuuuuuuuuu someone pls translate to English
Old 05-27-2011, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeeP_MarK
But he does have appoint about the bad drivers , go to Montreal and drive around for an hour, its pretty stressful every one thinks there F1 race car driver in there toyota corollas and when you try to find a place to park the locals drive like there in a demolition derby, most cars have peeling and cracked bumpers because if the parking space is a little tight they bang there way into it, but god dam the woman there are so hot so I'll forgive them for crappy driving skills
Huuuuuuuuuu translate this to pls
Old 05-27-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Im just gonna go ahead and say that the United States of America is disowning JeepMojo. He is now to be considered Libyan.

Personally I dont see how having the little black box is a bad idea. Look at Toyota, when they had problems with their cars everyone who was getting into an accident was blaming the car. Quite a few of those I remember seeing in the news were nothing but people being stupid and pushing the wrong pedal, or trying to get out of a speeding ticket. If you were killed in a car accident wouldnt it be of use to see what happened that caused said accident? If there was something seriously wrong with the car then they might issue a recall to prevent further incidents. Everyone who's worried about the Government overstepping their bounds by having recorders in cars is nuts. The reason I say that is that its not the Government thats making it mandatory. Its the car companies.

Another reason I think these things are a good idea is this. A former roommate of mine had a Nissan Titan, which he let his friend borrow. That friend then drove the truck into a ditch and bent the frame. He tried to deny it was him, and low and behold the computer had recorded the date and time of the accident. With a few other things they were able to prove he was the one driving. So because of that, my roommate didnt get screwed over.

If you think that the car is constantly sending your info to the NSA or FBI then dont buy one. Get a 81 Ford Bronco and go live in a cabin in the mountains. Grow your own food, and fire a rifle at anyone who tresspasses on your property and tell them to go back from where they came.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

The only aspect of all this that scares me is the capabilities they have available through OnStar. Their ability to disable the ignition while driving in the event the vehicle is stolen is kinda scary. Give hackers some time and they will break the code of signals needed to immobilize your vehicle and build small devices to do so with.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:17 PM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danmojo82

Personally I dont see how having the little black box is a bad idea. Look at Toyota, when they had problems with their cars everyone who was getting into an accident was blaming the car. Quite a few of those I remember seeing in the news were nothing but people being stupid and pushing the wrong pedal, or trying to get out of a speeding ticket. If you were killed in a car accident wouldnt it be of use to see what happened that caused said accident? If there was something seriously wrong with the car then they might issue a recall to prevent further incidents. Everyone who's worried about the Government overstepping their bounds by having recorders in cars is nuts. The reason I say that is that its not the Government thats making it mandatory. Its the car companies.
The problem isn't necessarily having a black box, it is the U.S. Government REQUIRING you have it! What happened to the consitution?!
Old 05-27-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blw

The problem isn't necessarily having a black box, it is the U.S. Government REQUIRING you have it! What happened to the consitution?!
Except for driving is a privilege not a right. Its just like car insurance.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Super Freak

JeepMojo..... please keep talking. Youre making my argument easier.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Canadians are not covered for medical care in USA anyway. Obama or not, nothing has changed for the Canadians.
If I have an accident in USA, I have a 5 million $ medical care insurance with my Visa Gold card.

my reply (from jeepmojo is this dont i recall a child being called joseph who was dieing in canada and the drs were going to let him die (then a flock of priests kidnapped baby joseph and entered usa and brought him to the hospital to see if our system would save him ( result the usa did just that ) wich tells me your canadian healthcare is shy of usa . hence obama is planning to use the same type system from what i understand so if your sick ,( get in line ) so there
Always funny to see how Americans don't know nothing about the Canadian medical care. Full of bullshit coming from the American medias.

And bullshit is on the 2 sides. Listening to the Canadian medias, USA is the worst place on earth to live.

Last edited by JKU Rubicon; 05-27-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

i go to kfc dont you ? i also drive a black jeep ! thats the probplem people read into things and interprit things in thier twisted little silly minds ! and thats why they mount a little black box inside your car so they can determin what they call racist seems if race has anything to do with chicken or saddleshoes , thiers a whole country full of racist what are ya gonna do ? dictate whats to be said in america ! or what you cant say , about a white man or brown or black or red what color car you can drive ? oh wait a year back they claimed no more black cars remember but the pesident can have one i believe ! dictators wont stay long in america its a free country ! full of flags and english speakers in god we trust ! the day they remove it is the day they have to start callin it somthin other than america ! maybe the new world america is next ! where moats and aligators may quite possably be at the borders ! hmmmmmm if you need aligators to keep the borders safe they cant be that expensive , just add it to the deficet
So your telling me that in a conversation that had nothing to,do with fried chicken and the president or golf, you make the title of a loosly related post this; "somebody out to put a black box on obamas ride !"

Then go on to say:"prob only goes to k.f.c. once a day though ! deep fried chicken under the s finger likin goooouod !"

How is any half intelligent person not supposed to see through your lame attempt to use someones race as a joke?

Its even more lame because everyone knows the president doesn't drive so your point is mute.

And at the least, don't post something like that then try to defend it by claiming it was a generality. I don't know the last time anyone ever mentioned president Bush as "prob only goes to k.f.c. once a day though ! deep fried chicken under the s finger likin goooouod !"

And yes you DO have the right to say whatever you want so cheers about your aligator moat theory.

Quick Reply: Do new Jeeps have a "black box"?