Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Do I really want a JK ?

Old 11-07-2008, 01:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the OP.. I looked at every competitior to the JK that is availabe to me, The FJ, H3, and Xterra, I joined every forun each of those vehicles had.. the problem of the FJ, Cracking sheetmetal in the engine compartment ruined the FJ for me (That and my GF kept telling me they were hideous). The H3 was ruined for me because they make the H2 which I HATE. and the Xterra, I liked, but didnt like the fact that your supposed to remove the exterior bumper cover when wheeling it and the aftermarket was relatively small.

I chose the JK, love it, when I first bought it, I had 3 problems with it. All 3 were taken care of with my first visit to me dealer, and it has been flawless since. The problems JK's have are all minor and can be repaired with a simple parts change.

If you dont want a JK, dont buy one, if you do, well then buy one. If you are a true Jeeper, the JK should be the best Jeep you have ever owned. if your not, then buy something else.

Have a good one and good luck with your decision.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow great readWe have 32k on our JK and are satisfied overall.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim.............I have to say that every vehicle I've owned has had some quality issues , and I've owned a lot including sports cars that are not american made with that said. My present Rubicon has been my favorite ride thus far and this is my 4th wrangler, I love the extra room and 4 doors and it has never given me any problems ! mine is an 07 and I have kept it stock because I choose to.....is it capable ..by all means and is it strong enough for towing Yes my son it is! will it pass cars when towing ...DER I wouldn't do that even if I could, In one sentence I love my Jeep and would most def buy another one. I owned a nissan 350z roadster before this and kept it for 9 months ...nice little toy but ask anyone who owned one if they had issues with their tops.........Many did ....did I No! but that speaks the same for JKs they are not all bad they are not what you make them out to be. I really do Love my Rubi and although I don't do enough off roading....... as my daily driver it is everything I thought it would be and more sorry if this disappoints you but you really should just take one for a drive and you'll see how wrong you are.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar
If you don't have a jk, like the JK, and don't want a JK then what is your point?
I have to ask you what is that flashing K on your thingy. K K K I wonder and from texas.Hmmm
Old 11-07-2008, 04:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Tim Corrigan
I have to ask you what is that flashing K on your thingy. K K K I wonder and from texas.Hmmm
I see your intellect now. Hmmmmmmm, maybe everyone was right about you being a troll?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rico
Tim.............I have to say that every vehicle I've owned has had some quality issues , and I've owned a lot including sports cars that are not american made with that said. My present Rubicon has been my favorite ride thus far and this is my 4th wrangler, I love the extra room and 4 doors and it has never given me any problems ! mine is an 07 and I have kept it stock because I choose to.....is it capable ..by all means and is it strong enough for towing Yes my son it is! will it pass cars when towing ...DER I wouldn't do that even if I could, In one sentence I love my Jeep and would most def buy another one. I owned a nissan 350z roadster before this and kept it for 9 months ...nice little toy but ask anyone who owned one if they had issues with their tops.........Many did ....did I No! but that speaks the same for JKs they are not all bad they are not what you make them out to be. I really do Love my Rubi and although I don't do enough off roading....... as my daily driver it is everything I thought it would be and more sorry if this disappoints you but you really should just take one for a drive and you'll see how wrong you are.
I understand every vehicle has its issues. It;s just this jeep JK has a ton of issues most relating to quality and craftsmanship ? There is a reason that Jeep is in the basement according to all reviews and expert opinions. It is nice to hear that some people's JK's are serving them well.I hear more bad than good and that sways me .
Old 11-07-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

I see your intellect now. Hmmmmmmm, maybe everyone was right about you being a troll?
What's the K K K stand for in your thingy.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Tim Corrigan
What's the K K K stand for in your thingy.
It is a JK similar to the JK-Forum logo without the box.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gold knight
Wow great readWe have 32k on our JK and are satisfied overall.
Glad to hear yours is running well. I just wish I heard better things than I have about these vehicles.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

It is a JK similar to the JK-Forum logo without the box.
Thanks I was just curious.

Quick Reply: Do I really want a JK ?