Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Discount Tire Replacement Option

Old 02-26-2009, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount Tire Replacement Option

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with Discount Tire's replacement warranty?

For trail use, would this be a good buy? Are there any exclusions?

Thanks

Jeff
Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Discount Tire Direct is actually a sponser on here. I think they have the screenname "Discount Tire", but I don't remember. Hopefully, they'll reply to this post and answer your question directly.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I have had them on 3 sets of tires now. I think I have replaced 3 or 4 under the warranty. Two of them flat out had slashed side walls from rocks and then 2 more just had several cuts in the sidewalls and were getting pretty bad. I have a guy from my Jeep club that works there, and he did whatever he needed to do to the paperwork to get replacements for me. My understanding is that there is ZERO exclusions. If the tire cannot be repaired, they will replace it. Of course, you will have to pay mounting and balancing for the new replacement tire, plus the new warranty for it. I think it came to about $40 per tire for me to replace. Still, compred to $250 or whatever... that is a great deal. I remember laughing with the manager and telling him that I will never have to buy another tire because they will get slashed long before I burn through the tread. Its like being able to run around on new tires all the time! As you can tell, I am a BIG fan of this warranty...
Old 02-26-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Holy crap! I'm buying my next set of tires from them. Unconditional warranty... I can't wait to have free tires for life!
Old 02-26-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Well, even better... I bought the warranties once on a USED set of tires that I bought from a private party. I'm not sure if this is "normal" or they let me get away with one. I was told that they would warranty the tires as long as they are not down to the wear indicator. If I remember correctly, it was about $35/tire.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RubiJK
Well, even better... I bought the warranties once on a USED set of tires that I bought from a private party. I'm not sure if this is "normal" or they let me get away with one. I was told that they would warranty the tires as long as they are not down to the wear indicator. If I remember correctly, it was about $35/tire.
Am I correct to assume that the tires you bought were originally bought from Discount Tire? If not, that's unbelieveable. Even if they were that's outrageous. I'm not sure I'll ever buy from anywhere else when I get back to the States.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeeperjkj
Am I correct to assume that the tires you bought were originally bought from Discount Tire? If not, that's unbelieveable. Even if they were that's outrageous. I'm not sure I'll ever buy from anywhere else when I get back to the States.
Umm... nope!

I bought some BFG KM's used off of craigslist. 2 were like 75%, 2 were like 90% tread and one was like 50% tread. Took them to Discount to get them balanced and wanted the life time free balance/rotate and they hooked me up with the warranties. I ended up replacing 2 of those under the warranty also. Just happen to have been the 75% tires too!
Old 02-26-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Yeah they are no questions asked when replacing them. I got it added when I ordered my MG's
Old 02-26-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

x2 on dealing with Discount! I've used these guys for all my tires for years--exceptional service and good prices. Many times I've taken a vehicle in for repair when the tire wasn't theirs, and they still do the repair no charge. When I bought my 07 JK, one of my first stops was at Discount to buy their warranty for the tires. I've since had them replace one of those due to off-road rock damage. Can't say enough good things!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

I've been going to Discount Tires for over 15 Years - great company! They've worked with me on cost and also they have been great at fixing or replacing tires - even though I didn't purchase their warranty - excellent customer service!

Quick Reply: Discount Tire Replacement Option