Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dilemma...

Old 11-04-2008, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeepin Dad prefers the JK over driving my 'perfectly nice Honda minivan'. He claims that his seats are more comfortable than mine.

We take a lot of long weekend trips to Vermont and Western PA that range from 4 to 10 hours each.

I like all the room in the minivan and it gets better gas mileage. But, when we take the Jeep he is much happier and I suppose that counts for something.

I think you said your wife wants to take your Jeep, I think you should do whatever makes her happy.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think of your stepson. I'm sure he'd prefer you showing up in the Rubicon especially if his buddies see him.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I swear the JK seats feel as though they were custom made for me. So comfy.

I'd take the TL though for the mileage.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I vote the Jeep. It looks better parked beside an H1 than a TL.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

I did an out and back 5 hr drive in the Jk. Only complaints were from the passenger that had to sit in back. He felt the seat (the part that you sit on) was shorter than a normal car, and not very plush.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

How long are you staying in Beaufort/Parris Island? If you're just going down and back then I'd take the TL. If you're staying for a while and getting to take your son out and about then I'd take the Rubi. I've spent many, MANY highway miles in my Rubi (20,000 in the first year) and it was fine, but I also didn't have a TL at my disposal.

Congrats on your son graduation - I know you must be proud. I remember going down for my little brother's graduation, it was a cool experience.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

The wife, kid, and I did a family trip to Colorado in the JK. 2500 miles round trip including a lot of sight seeing. No complaints. Will be takign it on 1000 mile round trip jaunts for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Take the JK...
Old 11-04-2008, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shell
What's a TL?
Originally Posted by 07JKX
cool and fast car made by acura
Now that I know what TL is , I would say take TL , after all it is probably more comfortable on the paved road unless you are planning some off roading during the long trip.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

I am actually meeting with a marine recruiter in my area tomorrow. i still don't know which to do marines or navy, any suggestions.

oh yea i would take the rubi.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:22 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rmc4x4
I am actually meeting with a marine recruiter in my area tomorrow. i still don't know which to do marines or navy, any suggestions.
oh yea i would take the rubi.
I spoke with my stepson for months and met with all the other recruiters from the other branches, at the end the Marine's recruiter was more of a salesman and that made his decision easier, but IMHO I thought the Navy would have been more appropriate as you get to travel the World as my ex wife's father would say and some of my friends at work....good luck

Originally Posted by Gunny
You didn't go to his graduation?
I'm going to his graduation which is this Friday....leaving today for family day tomorrow...

Thanks for all the responses, the RUBICON
is all packed and ready to go, (lol, brought a tire inflator, tools and a few qts. of synthetic oil..just in case...)
The original trip was going to take 16 hours but a TripTicket from AAA shaved off 2 hours.., so I figured that it wouln't be so bad and now gas is running at about $2.25 a gallon it won't hurt my wallet....

Pics to come...thanks again for the input....

Quick Reply: Dilemma...