Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Diffrence in a sport and sahara

Old 10-23-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diffrence in a sport and sahara

First time poster looking to buy a JK in the very near future my question to you guys is what is the diffrence to a sport and a sahara? As you can tell from this question I am completely new to the Jeep world.

Thanks
daddy o

daddyo2006
View Public Profile
Send a private message to daddyo2006
Find More Posts by daddyo2006
Add daddyo2006 to Your Contacts
Old 10-23-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

It depends on what year jk your looking to purchase and also 2dr vs 4dr. Look at jeep.com and at what the different models have. Its really easy to use and see the difference. Basically the sahara had more options like power options, cruise control, ac etc. as standard features and it has painted fenders.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just about everything on a Sahara can be added as an option on a Sport. Most of it comes with the 24s package (at least for 2011). Other items like EVIC and audio upgrades must be ordered individually. If you want the underhood insulating blanket it can be purchased from the parts department.

It comes down to whether you want painted top and fenders or not.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2011 JK Sport Unlimited. I have more options in my sport then my friend has in her 2010 Sahara.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

The main difference is the painted fenders and hardtop. The sahara also has more options included, like posted before many are in teh 24s package. I know the sahara has the option for mygig navigation/radio i don't think the sport does.

welcome to the forum there is a lot of info on here about the JKs
Old 10-23-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like they said the Sahara had more comfort options as standard. For me it came down to negotiations. Once I added all the options to my sport it was more expensive than just telling the guy give me 1% under for the Sahara sitting on his lot. Both require the same stuff when being built up for off roading.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Sport models are more like blank canvases, a playground for modders I like mine because it's so simple. No power windows to fail on me, no fancy radio with subwoofer, no power locks to fiddle with. Just a plain simple Jeep just like World War II soldiers would have liked it

Saharas are more...... civilized. For soccer meets, going to malls and stuff like that With lots of creature comforts and stuff that most people consider necessities. If you intend to wheel at a moderate or heavy level be prepared to shed a lot of the fufu stuff for flat fenders, rock rails and etc.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

all that above and I also believe the sahara has smoother shocks. Some people hate on the sahara for dumb reasons.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrainerJuice
all that above and I also believe the sahara has smoother shocks. Some people hate on the sahara for dumb reasons.
I wonder if that's why I don't get the jeep salute sometimes.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

My '08 unlimited is a sport, it has more options than a Sahara. I just did not want the painted bumpers and was too cheap to buy a ruby.

Quick Reply: Diffrence in a sport and sahara