Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Diesel VS Hemi conversion!
Hemi conversion of course!
27.91%
Give me a Diesel!!!
62.79%
I'm happy with my 3.8!
9.30%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Diesel VS Hemi conversion!

Old 02-07-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whpony96
Obviously the diesel lovers out there have not looked at the diesel prices lately.....

Back in the 90's yes I would love a diesel...not now......they smoke, stink they are way to loud, and sound like crap when you punch it. if I wanted a Mack truck I'd buy a Mack truck.

Hemi all they way...
Wow...those 90's diesel were awful....but todays Diesels are pretty much smoke free, quiet and sound great with a good exhaust system and the turbo whistle is an added bonus! I wouldn't trade my Cummins in for any V8 and If i could afford it i would slam a 5.9L Cummins in my JKU over a Hemi. The cummins with a stackable chip, bigger turbo and bigger exhaust would blow the doors off any V8 Hemi and still get better fuel economy.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta love the diesels. I drove a '84 Mercedes with an inline 5 turbocharged diesel. It was a station wagon (it was high school) but when the turbo spooled up it hauled ass! Would love a turbo charged diesel for my Jeep.

Quick Reply: Diesel VS Hemi conversion!