Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

"Did your car come with doors" and other stupid questions

Old 05-21-2007, 07:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sort of a retread of an earlier post on this thread, but here's mine:

A member of my family that shall remain nameless asked if they could go for a ride with me sometime. I told them I'd be happy to take them out sometime in nice weather, with the top and doors off... they looked at me like I had two heads and asked (in all seriousness): "Well, could you leave MY door on, so that I don't fall out while we're driving?"

I kept a straight face, and kindly replied that there are these new-fangled things called "seatbelts" in the Jeep for just that reason.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tjworld
What we have here is a 'master of the obvious'.
Yesterday we were up in Washington visiting our daugher and the in laws. The daughers friend comes over and says "did you get a new jeep" I said yes. She said "We want to get one too, we want a but we want to get a new wrangler" (We were standing right next to our JK) and heres your sign!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

) (
Old 05-21-2007, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by round eyes
...Feb. this year minus 10 celcius
I just purchased my jeep and was getting into the jeep spirit (taking the hard-top panels off and then the doors). A neighbour up the street owns a TJ. She was talking JEEP to me and I casually asked what it would take to see her "take her top off....." (the filter between my brain and my mouth wasn't engaged) -With a dead panned face she responded "Hell freeziing over".

That's MY stupid question.
Oh that's an easy one. Just check the weather report for Hell, Michigan. Got me a new bike from Dad many years ago, though I thought Mom was going to pee her pants laughing so hard at my Dad.... Gotta ya...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan.
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...st?query=48169

Ron
Old 05-21-2007, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

I am glad to see I am not alone with these types of questions. My favorite is the one after I answer because I took them off. I get "Why?" about 90% of the time. I did have a guy in an older cherokee say he wishes he could take his off. I replied "You can I got some tools in the back and we can do it." He said well we will have to cut the wires between the door and frame and I think he would have too if I had not told him those were for the power windows and mine has a plug on it. He actually wanted to know if he could put a plug on his so I told him where to get automotive electrical plugs to splice in and that he also needed to make a mirror bracket to have outside mirrors to keep it legal but i warned him that Cherokees were not built for doors off use and he might want to go get a wrangler. I have not seen him since then but I ope to God his wife talked some sence into him before he started unbolting and cutting things.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lightning
And why is that such a weird question? Why do you think Jeep gave us all the fender clearance anyway? Its to put 30in. wheels and low profile tires. You can then heat the springs and lower it til it's "tucked" perfectly... now who looks stupid? It is definitely not a stupid question.
..and you guys thought I was joking !

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/lowering-jk-daily-drive-703/
Old 05-22-2007, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did it come with doors?

Lost them in the deevorce.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BJeepJK
I get this one alot ... "Do you like it?" ... ofcourse i like it, i wouldn't of bought it if i didn't like it.

That's funny stuff ..... I've had people ask me that too. I laugh every time.

Quick Reply: "Did your car come with doors" and other stupid questions