Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

"Did your car come with doors" and other stupid questions

Old 05-18-2007, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Did your car come with doors" and other stupid questions

Alright, so I think they must have let out a truckload of people from the funny farm lately, because I have gotten more stupid comments about my Jeep in the last week than in the entire 5 months that I've had it. I have had 3 people ask if my car came with doors (before someone yells at me, they said car not me, I know better than to call it a car). The guy at the grocery store who was collecting carts in the parking lot was looking at me wierd, so I smiled to be friendly and he says "what happened to your car" so I asked what he meant, and he said "did your doors fall off?" I told him they were meant to come off and he could not comprehend it. I have had two people ask if they were stolen.

Of course for every stupid comment, I get about 10 nice compliments, but it's driving me crazy. Haven't people seen Jeeps without doors before. Anyone with a TJ, YJ or CJ every get comments like this, or is it just b/c it's a 4 door?

What is the stupidest or funniest question or comment yall have heard someone say?

Any more good responses to people asking these kinds of questions? The best I have heard so far is "well I'm gonna get the doors, but they are on layaway"
Old 05-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

had a lady at Home Depot touch the soft rear windows...

"Is this a convertible?"

"here's your sign"
Old 05-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bkiehn
[snipper]

Any more good responses to people asking these kinds of questions? The best I have heard so far is "well I'm gonna get the doors, but they are on layaway"

uh... "I locked it and lost the keys, so i had to take them off to get new ones"
Old 05-18-2007, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Just tell them:

Dealer wanted extra for the doors, so I'm doing w/out.

or

I'm taking it in for warranty, the doors fell off on the way to work.

or

Studies have shown, cars w/out doors get better gas mileage (and attract HOT CHICKS).
Old 05-18-2007, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
uh... "I locked it and lost the keys, so i had to take them off to get new ones"
That's a good one, I will have to use that next time.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got asked by a guy driving a cherokee "So how do you keep from falling out?" I looked at him because I thought he was joking and when I realized he was serious I just said "It's this new invention they just came out with called seatbelts." He got this "aha" look on his face and says "Oh yea". I have had a few people ask me what happened to my doors. It makes up for it when you get the cool people though. I had a black lady pull up in her expedition rolling on 24" rims, lowered with the stereo cranked. She stopped next to me at the light. She rolls down her window, turns off her stereo and says "That's the kind of ride you need on these hot days...I wish my doors came off" It surprised me.

Medsker
Old 05-18-2007, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Most people give complements on the doorless TJ. Every once in awhile I will find a young kid that is just amazed by it, but I have never had "here's your sign" moment.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

In 1988, I was asked about my Toyota 4x4, by one of Chino's finest: "you gonna lower it?"

And last night, in the Home Depot parking, kid asks me: "you gonna lower it?"

Uhm...
Old 05-18-2007, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dayton1999
...last night, in the Home Depot parking, kid asks me: "you gonna lower it?"

Uhm...
Old 05-18-2007, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubidonn