Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did you pay MSRP for 2011 JK?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you pay MSRP for 2011 JK?

I've been looking at new JK's at my local dealership for the past 3-4 months and have noticed that at least 20 of the 25 or so JK's they have in stock haven't sold since December of last year. I even mentioned this to the sales guy yesterday and his response was that they sold great out of the gate but the second wave or shipment hasn't sold nearly as well as they would have liked.

So should I assume to pay MSRP or could I get a great deal based on the recent lack of demand here in the Memphis area? This will be my first new vehicle purchase and I don't want to get ripped off. I'm looking at a silver JKU Sahara with connectivity, side airbags, tow, auto tranny, LSRD, remote start, black hard top and MSRP is $33,895. Link to window sticker is below.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...HA5H17BL532917
Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

NEVER pay MSRP for any car. If you're a good bargainer, you should be able to get under invoice. American Express and USAA have car buying services on the web that can give you an idea of what the maximum you should pay is. Tread Lightly membership gets you guaranteed 1% under invoice. Use Edmunds I think for invoice price. I found the Amex and USAA car buying tools to be cheaper than the guaranteed 1%. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine for $4200 under sticker last month with the help of Tread Lightly and then some.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NEVER pay MSRP. If the dealer won’t budge, walk out and go to the next one

also see this
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-off-MSRP-Game
Old 03-11-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrgray86
I've been looking at new JK's at my local dealership for the past 3-4 months and have noticed that at least 20 of the 25 or so JK's they have in stock haven't sold since December of last year. I even mentioned this to the sales guy yesterday and his response was that they sold great out of the gate but the second wave or shipment hasn't sold nearly as well as they would have liked.

So should I assume to pay MSRP or could I get a great deal based on the recent lack of demand here in the Memphis area? This will be my first new vehicle purchase and I don't want to get ripped off. I'm looking at a silver JKU Sahara with connectivity, side airbags, tow, auto tranny, LSRD, remote start, black hard top and MSRP is $33,895. Link to window sticker is below.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...HA5H17BL532917
I like the options that has. I have all of those plus NAVI
Old 03-11-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by speed2005
I like the options that has. I have all of those plus NAVI
I'd love to have NAVI but I'm about to take a consulting job that requires me to fly out Monday mornings and fly back Thursday nights. Can't see paying the extra on NAVI for a vehicle I'll only be driving 3 days out of the week.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I purchased my Rubi this year for about 5K under sticker... $32,000 Loaded

On the other hand, if you do pay full sticker... you will get Christmas cards from them forever!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

I paid about 3k under MSRP on mine and I ordered mine the way I wanted it. Had I got one off the lot I could have had more knocked off of it.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Former Shasta
NEVER pay MSRP for any car. If you're a good bargainer, you should be able to get under invoice. American Express and USAA have car buying services on the web that can give you an idea of what the maximum you should pay is. Tread Lightly membership gets you guaranteed 1% under invoice. Use Edmunds I think for invoice price. I found the Amex and USAA car buying tools to be cheaper than the guaranteed 1%. Good luck!

Absolutely no MSRP payment, especially for an american jeep.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everybody..and my apologies. I searched prior to starting this thread but somehow I missed the other thread on "What did you pay for your 2011?".

Quick Reply: Did you pay MSRP for 2011 JK?