Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did a crazy thing today....

Old 04-17-2008, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, should be a blast. Gotta stock up on beer first.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Awesome Nukeman! Congrats! I would put all the same stuff on your Rubi and have a blast doing it!

I have nearly the same setup you do and I really like it! Do you have all the Currie control arms in combination with the OME lift?
Old 04-17-2008, 09:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In 2005 I bought an X. I wanted a Rubicon but decided it would be better to buy an X and build it. 3 weeks later with 290 miles on it I traded it in for a Rubicon. I did alot of research on parts and prices and decided I should have went with the Rubicon so I could finance the upgrade with the purchase and have a warranty on all the parts. I paid just over 20,000 for the X and got almost 17 for it when I traded it in. It ended up costing me about 3000 for 3 weeks of use and 300 miles. I made out OK because when I bought the Rubicon they just started the employee pricing. I got the 31,000 plus Rubicon for just over 28,000. Just under 3 years later I traded that in for the 08, I got 16,800 for the 05 Rubicon with less than 10,000 miles. I did have a situation with the Jeep dealer that ended up getting me a $3000 check, so if i add that into the deal I paid 28,000 for the 08.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
Awesome Nukeman! Congrats! I would put all the same stuff on your Rubi and have a blast doing it!

I have nearly the same setup you do and I really like it! Do you have all the Currie control arms in combination with the OME lift?
Yes, all of them. Just installed the rear uppers last weekend. My only bitch is the extended length of the shocks, their a little short and don't allow for as much droop as I would like, but if you have lockers, not so much of a problem.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

no compromise offroad: Dude before you buy that power window kit at quadratic for $350, it looks like the same kit is available at a1electric and a1concepts for $239. I know because I bought it two weeks ago and it appears to be the same kit. Check out my thread on"stock jk tech" #3419. You'll have to do a search on the web to find them as they may not be paying enough $$ to get the search engines to help. They are a new company, but appears to be the same product.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nukeman
Yes, all of them. Just installed the rear uppers last weekend. My only bitch is the extended length of the shocks, their a little short and don't allow for as much droop as I would like, but if you have lockers, not so much of a problem.
Sweet man! I am going to work on getting all the control arms myself, then get some 11" travel shocks that Currie sells, and stick with the OME springs. I think it will be an awesome combo with great flex/droop! I will have to work on the amount of droop to make sure the springs don't drop out.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. You've got quite a set on you. I've done some crazy stuff as far as trade-ins and short lived finances. But the rubi jump takes the cake. Tally-ho!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 11:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine is more than yours. I plan to refinance when the Magnum is paid off.

Quick Reply: Did a crazy thing today....