Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Diamond plate on Doors

Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 AM
Zee
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond plate on Doors

Is there such a thing as diamond plate to put on the doors. I would love to get the doors covered 3/4 of the way up with black powder coated diamond plate.

I have seen diamond plate 1/2 doors, But I don't remember seeing anything that would cover existing doors.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Go find a metal fab shop and have them cut out some diamond plate for you and then bolt it on to your doors.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Zee
JK Freak

Any ideas on sealing it to the paint to prevent moisture from getting trapped in between?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Zee
Any ideas on sealing it to the paint to prevent moisture from getting trapped in between?
I wouldnt try to seal moisture out. You would probably use nutserts to attach the plate to the doors and there is a small flange (on the nutserts) that will hold the plate maybe 1/32 or less from the paint. This would allow water to get in and out. If you insist on sealing it, you could probably use some silicone or something and shoot a bead just inside the edge of the diamond plate before you put it on. After you tingten down the nutserts, just wipe off what squeezes out. Thats what i was going to do when i installed my evo quarter armor. Once i got into the install i fugured sealing it would be a mess and probably do more harm than good.

corey d
Old 07-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Zee
JK Freak

That's a good point. Thanks for the info... black diamond plate on doors will look badass I think, and protect them as well.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Yep. If you look at any fire engine you'll see very creative ways to cover a vehicle with diamond-plate. Just cut to shape and install.

Quick Reply: Diamond plate on Doors