Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Detonator Yellow JK's In Stock in New Jersey

Old 06-08-2007, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that's bright!!
Old 06-08-2007, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tmdlkwd
Did you make it down there?
Any Quality PICS
Unfortunately, not yet. I was hoping my JK would be in this week to take pictures of THAT. But...it's only JUST gotten loaded onto the train.

If I'm near the dealer again, I'll take some pics, otherwise you guys may need to wait until next weekend or so; when my JK *hopefully* arrives.

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Karla
Unfortunately, not yet. I was hoping my JK would be in this week to take pictures of THAT. But...it's only JUST gotten loaded onto the train.

If I'm near the dealer again, I'll take some pics, otherwise you guys may need to wait until next weekend or so; when my JK *hopefully* arrives.

Thanks!
just make sure the camera is ready to go..

you DO want to be the 1st to post our pics on my project jk for Det yel!!! ???
Old 06-08-2007, 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by edstroyer
Sorry For the Bad Camera Phone Quality. The JK was crowded in-between other JK's very tight and I couldn't get a decent shot, but here they are...

I was going to hold out for yellow before I bought mine in March. If the pictures represent the actual color then I can say I'm glad I didn't. I might like it better with the top and doors off though.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default Detonator Yellow vs. Solar Yellow

Haven't seen a Detonator Yellow in Central Ohio (yet)... how does the Detonator Yellow look in comparison to the Solar Yellow of old?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

The pictures above actually don't represent the color well. The color isn't that bright. Take Solar Yellow and add a little more orange to it. That's DY.

I heard from the dealer today, and my JK should be arriving late next week or early the following week. Here's hopin'!

Anyway, I may swing by the dealership tomorrow to see if I can grab a few pictures of the DY 2-door again. Maybe my camera will cooperate this time.

tmdlkwd - It would be pretty neat to be have the first pictures of DY in the Project-JK gallery! I just hope no delays pop up! I want my JK now!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Picture Success!!

I took my GOOD camera to the dealership today and was able to get some pictures! Here are some shots of a Wrangler X in Detonator Yellow.

As you can see, DY is just slightly darker than Solar Yellow. It has a little more orange in the color. Overall though, it's a great color and seeing these images just makes me want my JK even more! Hurry up train!!!

Have a great weekend! It's beautiful in St. Louis today!
Old 06-09-2007, 11:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now those are pictures! I think it's a good yellow. Not too school-bus or taxi like but not to neon.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Sweet!

Ill PS something up.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default Great Pics Karla!

Thanks for the great pics! Now, that makes me miss my old TJ even more. Oh well, it's making a great starter Jeep for a recent high school grad.

And I can see why DY isn't a Sahara color... yellow with yellow fenders would be WAY too much. Your inbound X in DY should look great though, with the contrasting black fenders. Can't wait to see a JK in DY... after washing my JK tonight, I rolled past my dealer (hey I had to go for a ride to blow the excess water off!) and they didn't have any in stock. It's a small dealership, only two JK Unlimited X (Grey) and a JK 2-door Sahara in Steel Blue on the lot.

Andy

P.S. You're in STL huh? I might be moving there myself later this year... all depends on where the Army decides to send me and my family next.

Quick Reply: Detonator Yellow JK's In Stock in New Jersey