Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Desired Wrangler Improvements

Old 04-07-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wtf? There was a similar thread to this awhile ago. I think my jeep was great the way it rolled out of the factory. Upgrading it has been half the fun. The jeeps as they roll out new fit a wide demo-graph. The more options and complicated you make it the more they cost. Stop whining and get your tools out.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must say. Fold down tailgate would be beneficial for grocery getters too :-)
Old 04-07-2011, 11:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Shortbuss
Wtf? There was a similar thread to this awhile ago. I think my jeep was great the way it rolled out of the factory. Upgrading it has been half the fun. The jeeps as they roll out new fit a wide demo-graph. The more options and complicated you make it the more they cost. Stop whining and get your tools out.
But what is wrong with improvement? Can anybody argue that the JK is not leaps and bounds better than a TJ? Only jealous TJ owners would say that. I think the 2011 is finished much better than my 2009. I still like my 09, making it better doesn't take away from anybody else.

There are a lot of the listed improvements that you really can't do as well as the factory could. Factory locker control in 2wd and 4hi would be easier and safer from the factory.

Things like a better safety ratings and airbags, a better automatic transmission - these are not really things that you can mod at all.

If the Wrangler does not keep improving it won't appeal to a broad enough audience to sell. Some people don't care, but if it doesn't "catch up" in safety and fuel efficiency the vehicle is going to die. A wrangler is not a $50,000 luxury car, and its audience of buyers is different. Gas mileage ends up making a difference, just look at the threads popping up about it. And safety - that will kill it if it doesn't improve. Surely safer than a TJ, but the JKs dubious honor of "most dangerous small suv on the road" is not a good thing or a badge or "manly honor". When consumers have the choice between a vehicle that will reliably let them walk away from a 50 mph collision and a vehicle they might die in at every intersection - good bye Wrangler.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

diesels, and lockers from the factory. on all wranglers!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Mine are simple.

1) Dana 44 front and rear standard on ALL 4x4 models.
2) Lockers front and rear standard on ALL 4x4 models.
3) Move the air intake to the cowl.
4) Diesel option for USA.
5) Hemi option.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rickyj
Come on guys. I wouldn't DENY a hemi, but this isn't really the vehicle for it. Rumors have that is will be a possibility, but damn..
I'd have to dig it up, but in offroader magazine they highlighted a shop that does hemi conversions for JK's about 2yrs ago

They did a give away for a custom hemi wrangler
Old 04-08-2011, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

1- Auto Transmission cooler would be on top of my list. Also a Rear trunk cargo cover to conceal the trunk, same as all other Jeeps have, or at least make it an option with the hardtop. (too many eyes looking inside, had my shotgun in the back, someone broke the glass and stole it.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by StrokeHerAce
What issue? I have never seen one do it unless it was modified.
My stock 08 got the DW after only 4k, it's a common enough issue
Luckily it was fixed under warranty and hasn't had an issue for the past 2yrs

Quick Reply: Desired Wrangler Improvements