Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Desired Wrangler Improvements

Old 04-03-2011, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To solve the death wobble issue!!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
That's a very good list of "makes sense" improvements.

The type A plug has me curious. Do you mean it should have 110v ac available inside?
I thought the '11s had that.
Yes. I didn't know the 11s had this. I want a percentage.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:44 PM
JK Freak

What you said:

-Disco at low speed 2wd
-Rear locker in 4hi
-Factory quality well applied bedliner

Mine:

-Rear locker in 2wd
-Remove rear cubby and jack for a stronger and flat floor. Maybe push the muffler back and replace it with an outside drawer.
-Central tire inflation system option
-Side curtain airbags mounted on sportbar and not in seats.
-$25 or so more high strength steel in the doors to bump up the safety to a point it won't be the "most dangerous small SUV on the road".
-Full skidplate option, at least on the RUBI. Front to rear, engine, pan, transmission, control arms, etc.

-Biggest one, factory option second fuel tank. Like the long ranger, but with factory gauges and support. Love to be able to make 800 miles in the JK.

And the don't read if you are a purist:

-Automatic soft top, don't know how they'd manage that one
-Solar cell running external fan to vent fresh air into wrangler whenever it is in the sun, to help dry out the excess water the Wrangler seems to collect and bring down the absurd temps it gets to in the sun.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:02 PM
JK Freak

- A V8!!!!
- deisel
-lockers in 4hi
-D60
-Steal bumpers ( still shaking my head at these plastic things)
Old 04-03-2011, 11:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hemi
Better defrost for the front window
No carpet option
Old 04-04-2011, 02:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
Hemi
Better defrost for the front window
No carpet option
Come on guys. I wouldn't DENY a hemi, but this isn't really the vehicle for it. Rumors have that is will be a possibility, but damn - talk about a scary vehicle. Don't get me wrong, if it had been an option when I bought mine, I would have it - but it really doesn't need it. Some of what worries me is that it WILL be an option, and then I will have one. And then, that $4500 option is gonna seem cheap compared to the tickets. Really easy to avoid speeding when it is a brick, when you can beat a v6 mustang off the line every time...........
Old 04-04-2011, 02:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rickyj
Come on guys. I wouldn't DENY a hemi, but this isn't really the vehicle for it. Rumors have that is will be a possibility, but damn - talk about a scary vehicle. Don't get me wrong, if it had been an option when I bought mine, I would have it - but it really doesn't need it. Some of what worries me is that it WILL be an option, and then I will have one. And then, that $4500 option is gonna seem cheap compared to the tickets. Really easy to avoid speeding when it is a brick, when you can beat a v6 mustang off the line every time...........
Not sure how old you are, but even if you are old enough, you must not have ever experienced the CJ's and J model trucks with V8's. I have owned them all. Sometimes it's not about making the Jeep into a Corvette, it is about simply having an engine that is capable of doing the same amount of work at a fraction of the effort and having a little power left over to get out of it's own way when merging into HWY traffic.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:57 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Not sure how old you are, but even if you are old enough, you must not have ever experienced the CJ's and J model trucks with V8's. I have owned them all. Sometimes it's not about making the Jeep into a Corvette, it is about simply having an engine that is capable of doing the same amount of work at a fraction of the effort and having a little power left over to get out of it's own way when merging into HWY traffic.
When I don't get enough sleep, mainly from this site, I get grumpy. Should just go to bedtime, sorry I was grumpy.

If there was an option for a Hemi, I would get it. No doubt. But, I don't think it is needed. I would prefer to see the pentastar that is coming or a more modern V-8. The JK gets such poor gas mileage already, that slapping a HEMI in there would be a big issue for most. Looking at a new grand cherokee for my wife, I couldn't see the point of going to the hemi vs the pentastar. The difference between mpg and power was not significant enough to make the jump to the hemi. And on my GC (05) I wanted the hemi. Engines change, and the main issue is power. Modern engines deliver better mpg and power. For a vehicle like the wrangler, focus on the mpg first and then the power. At least IMHO.

Last edited by rickyj; 04-07-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:04 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

• A V8 for those that want it so they stop whining. (yes, i want a Hemi too, so I'll stop whining as well)
  • Better fricken gas milage. Say what you will but the milage is deplorable. They CAN build something to push a brick that gets substantially better milage. Hell, the Hemi V8's get better milage. Now that NASA isnt shooting shuttles into space, maybe they can get a rocket scientist or two to actually do something about it.
  • A Diesel for that crowd so they quit bellyaching.
  • Carpet delete with bedliner replacement.
  • Dual DOOR option. (Yes, i would buy BOTH)
  • Factory rack/mounting on top of the hardtop to carry the removable panels.
  • Built in inverter with a console receptacle and one in the back near the factory sub.
  • Factory Guages (not idiot lights) for oil, coolant, & tranny temps.
  • Better defrost would be nice.
  • Fix the damned a-pillar leak once and for all.
  • Handle on door interior that is actually usefull for carrying the doors when they are off. (i am not a fan of the door design on the '11's. i prefer the handle syle on the '07-'10's as it can be used to carry the doors)
  • I like the factory plastic bumpers for ease of replacement. I guarantee i would hate whatever Mopar came up with in steel anyhow.
  • Better headlights.
  • LED tail lights.
  • EASY ESP disable.
  • ...etc...

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 04-04-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:28 AM
JK Freak

The jeep is finally getting a decent engine next year. Too bad they did not bring it in for the 2010 model. That being said, here is what I would like;

- Fix the problem with water entering the back when rear window opened up.
- Better defrost in front, and standard heated mirrors.
- Better wiper blades.
- Take the rake out in production.

Quick Reply: Desired Wrangler Improvements