Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Denver area garage mechanic?

Old 01-15-2015, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denver area garage mechanic?

I want to take my factory side steps off and put Rubicon rock rails on. I have all the parts, assuming I can reuse all the screws and stuff from the side steps. Does anyone, or know anyone, in the Denver area that has the knowledge and tools to do this? I've been quoted $120 by 3 different ships which is way more than I expected to pay. Much rather get some help in trade for some bills, beer, and blunt.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FutureDenver
I want to take my factory side steps off and put Rubicon rock rails on. I have all the parts, assuming I can reuse all the screws and stuff from the side steps. Does anyone, or know anyone, in the Denver area that has the knowledge and tools to do this? I've been quoted $120 by 3 different ships which is way more than I expected to pay. Much rather get some help in trade for some bills, beer, and blunt.
They use the same bolts. If you have a basic ratchet set, you're good. I think there are just 4 bolts on each side.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by horrocks007
They use the same bolts. If you have a basic ratchet set, you're good. I think there are just 4 bolts on each side.
Not overly difficult, take out the old ones, pull them off. Put the rails on and bolt them back in.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm pretty sure all it took was a 10mm wrench, super easy to do it yourself in about 20 minutes.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome then I'll just pick up the tools needed and grab a buddy. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where exactly are you located? I live downtown and could probably help you out quickly if you aren't too far away. It really is an easy task. When you climb under the jeep you should be able to see what needs to be done

Quick Reply: Denver area garage mechanic?