Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Decent deal?

Old 08-16-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

35K for a 4 door rubi? hmm, that might also be tempting, and yes I'm a sucker. But I would go for the manual.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dellpjJK
35K for a 4 door rubi? hmm, that might also be tempting, and yes I'm a sucker. But I would go for the manual.
I priced out all the options I wanted and it was right under 35k... take out the auto and it's 34 for my same set up. I'd definitely consider it if you're going to hit 33k on an '11. Another option that you may or may not have considered is dropping a hemi in it for 10k. In the end it's obviously going to be up to you and where you feel comfortable. As long as you have a jeep you'll be a part of the family.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess one of the reasons I'm considering it is because there isn't any upfront cost with a new jeep. To regear or super charge or hemi, etc, i have to dig deep into my pockets. Or just wait a few months till my payments are done and start saving and deal with 3.21s till then... i've dealt with them for the last 4 years. Actually, i bought it four years ago tomorrow now that i think about it.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

My plan / situation:

I had a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Mountain Edition (hence my user name).
I bought this before really getting into the jeep world and before I knew much about jeeps period. After I spent a year with my local jeep club and did a few mods on mine, I realized that I wanted to be able to wheel more aggressively. I'm not saying that my jeep couldn't do it, by all means It surpassed every one of my expectations, but that I wanted the perks of a rubicon and the confidence in the parts that come with it. Now I know that I could buy aftermarket parts and make mine more capable than a stock rubicon, but I didn't have that kind of money just sitting around. My wife and I decided to sell my jeep to her brother. Now I'm waiting to order my 2012 rubicon with 4.10s until they release some incentives. I'm fortunate enough to be in a position that I do not have to get a car now. Everyone has their own situation and so like I said before, it's all up to what you want to do and what you feel comfortable doing.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, i contacted a different dealer, and they actually have (2) 2012 rubicon unlimiteds for 30,200! I'm going to see what I can wheel and deal with this labor day sale they have.

Quick Reply: Decent deal?