Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dear LA, You suck.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not just an LA thing the same thing happens down here in San Diego. I waive all the time and probably get less than 20% waive back. Most people look at me like Im crazy, and the soccer moms must think Im trying to hit on them...

Last edited by JK Mikey; 01-12-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dr.gonzo
Never get waves in Santa Monica either. Started flipping people off to see if they were even watching. Nope. No one has reacted at all. So, if you're in Santa Monica and someone in a JK flips you off, just wave back and smile and know that you've made my day
My wife tells me to do the same thing... flip them off and I'd bet you'd get a reaction then. 1 in 10 wave back... sad!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pettym
Wait, if you wave to another jeep you get couch duty? How does that work?
if the other JK has a girl in it....that is what he was talking about
Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hifirush
At first, after getting the JK, I was anxious to wave, its like riding a bike (Motorcycle...). Used to be, everyone waved, now you have to be on the right bike. Well, Jeeps are no different, but in a different way. I don't care if you use your Jeep to go to the mall or crawl over rocks, it is a lifestyle. But thats me. 25% returned. My wife gets mad at me, maybe she doesn't get it! I still try, but now I find myself trying to read the other driver..... soccer moms don't wave.
Was a biker myself and I was custom to wave...I even did it when I had land Rover and Toureg...People just look at me funny
Old 01-12-2011, 09:31 AM
JK Junkie

It is the soccer moms!!!

The 4 dr created a new breed of jeepers, i only wave to the 2 drs.

75% of the time a woman is behind the wheel of an unlimited, nuts deep in her blue tooth and mascara

Before anyone gets all hurt, its just a joke. Their are a few unlimited drivers out there that have a clue, just a few
Old 01-12-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by littlejohnny
I'm in Abilene Texas, and I never get a wave back NEVER I'm thinking that I'm going stop but it's not in me to do that.
If you see a white Dodge Ram with a gold topper waving, that's me. I'm from the area, but stationed elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Hifirush
At first, after getting the JK, I was anxious to wave, its like riding a bike (Motorcycle...). Used to be, everyone waved, now you have to be on the right bike. Well, Jeeps are no different, but in a different way. I don't care if you use your Jeep to go to the mall or crawl over rocks, it is a lifestyle. But thats me. 25% returned. My wife gets mad at me, maybe she doesn't get it! I still try, but now I find myself trying to read the other driver..... soccer moms don't wave.
I dont totally agree, and it may just be that I am military, and we have more in common than our rides, but 95% of jeepers and nearly 100% of bikers wave at me, regardless of type of bike. Pretty good about it though.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dr.gonzo
Never get waves in Santa Monica either. Started flipping people off to see if they were even watching. Nope. No one has reacted at all. So, if you're in Santa Monica and someone in a JK flips you off, just wave back and smile and know that you've made my day
Great idea! I tried that in Compton today and rather than waving back the other driver showed me his 45.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be moving to LA at the end of this month and even though I don't know the roads your talking about, I will wave if I see another Jeep!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

If you ever drive up to the Antelope Valley, I'm a waving fool!

I have noticed that the women don't wave but the men do.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally got a wave back... near Fresno of all places!

Quick Reply: Dear LA, You suck.