Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealership problems.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if the oil light came on 5 minutes after leaving the dealer why didn't you turn around and go back instead of going home to check it.

Sent via smoke signals
Old 09-26-2013, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubi_Chill
The oil light in a jk (and most new vehicles) should be accompanied by a buzzer and your raido saying "shut your vehicle off now". Someone isn't stupid because they don't know this, just uninformed.

The poor guys engine just got fried and is looking for help. Good thing fellow jeepers are here to rub salt in his wound.
I think a red light, like the one that already exists on the JK dashboard does just fine. It doesn't require mechanical knowledge to abate or understand the problem. It's expected that the owner of a vehicle read the owner's manual and understand the basic operation of the vehicle and to pay attention things like warning lights, and to consult the owner's manual when they come on. The owner's manual clearly tells the owner what to do in this case. Stop the engine immediately and do not continue to operate the vehicle.

It's everything after the light came on that seems negligent, and I'm sure the dealership is telling him the same thing. It seems to me they don't owe for damage that he caused or neglected to mitigate.

On this board, there's nothing we can do to really help the situation. So really, the OP is asking for sympathy or for people to side with him. I don't think he's getting either in this case judging by some of the other responses. Maybe I'm an asshole, but I'm siding with the dealership on this one.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ah. And then it dawned on me. Screen name and post count = 2. Troll?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm beginning to think the OP is just joking.
It really is hard to believe that someone would ignore the warning lights, until they got home, and then put only 1 quart of oil in a dry engine and drive it back to the dealer.
OP, you had me going.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

If he's trolling he's not doing a good job of it. The idea is to reply to posts and send as many people off into circular logic land as possible. I used to do this on Oakland Raider's fan sites

Quick Reply: Dealership problems.