Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealership concern....

Old 06-25-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealership concern....

So I was getting an oil change at the dealerships express oil change. They do a quick 50 or 100 point inspection trying to drum up business on over prices dealer ship parts while they are at it...

So they tell me, all your tires pass except your front passenger side... I'm thinking... Ball joint or tie rod or something.... I just hit 36,001 miles as I pulled in. I made them note in the computer I was at 36k when the problem was noticed on my 2010 JKU( have the 36k bumper to bumper) I have the stock factory wrangler tires on 17 inch factory's... I have an appointment on Monday

I added 1.5 spider trax wheel spacers 30k miles ago. We all know thats not what would cause one tire to go quicker than the rest. I tried to take off my spacers... (I was missing that socket). Go figure, I made it work got the tire off, all 4 bolts on the spacer then my impact gun broke... Them my crappy stanley ratchet (it was on it's way out) son Ivsaid screw it, I put the nuts back on and then the tire. I'm going to the dealer as it is with the spacers.

Do you think they will blame the spacers? What would cause that? I checked the wheel, no play what so ever seemed tight. So prob not a wheel bearing or a ball joint?

Do you think they will just void me and be done with it? Thanks for any input.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone?????

Quick Reply: Dealership concern....