Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealers are awesome!

Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealers are awesome!

Soooo, brought my 2011 2dr in for a new soft top (pin holes in the stitching), when I went to pick it up, I noticed all three soft tops windows are scratched to shit (there was one small scuff on one window before I brought it in), and scratches the length of the passenger rear window above the wheel well.

So, I'm pissed, but I'm polite, I go inside and get the service adviser, she comes and takes a look at it, and agrees they're scratched, and asks me to go park by the doors so the manager can come take a look at it.
After 10 minutes she comes back out, and says that manager's too busy to come out and take a look at it and suggests that I call chrysler canada customer service and gives me a post-it with the number.

Awesome! Best customer service ever! That's it, thanks for spending $30+ grand, sorry about your luck, call someone else!

I should have known better then to take it back to them after they had the Jeep for a week and claimed they can't find anything wrong, even though it grinds every time you shift in to 2nd and sometimes 3rd.

So needless to say, I'm not happy in the least, the lady at corporate was real nice and completely shocked, she's going to make some calls for me.

Ohhh and to top it all off, the new top has pin holes in the stitching on BOTH effing sides this time!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I feel your pain! I had to have them replace our top as well. It was leaking when I bought it new and they couldnt find the leak. They ordered new top and took two days to put it on, just the top not frame or windows. Picked it up on a saturday about a half hour before the service dept closed and everything looked good. Jumped on the interstate and headed home. About half way home I started hearing a noise and feeling some air movement????? The side panels ripped away and flew off!!!!! After pulling a u turn in the grass, I was fortunate enough to watch several cars and a semi truck run over the windows :(
I called the dealership an talked to the service dept, he said.......... We're closed for the day, but you can bring it in Monday. I asked for his name an the name of the "mechanic" that installed it, strongly suggested that they both take the morning off and to make sure the manager was there ordering my complete new top.

That was Palmer dodge in Indianapolis, they didn't make it through the chopping block a couple years ago
Old 04-03-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. No offense, but I would have stayed there until I spoke to someone with some authority. I wish Jeep would give you $1,500 cash back if you waived the warranty. They're worthless anyway.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

The lady from corporate just called back, she wants me to book another appointment for them to look at the transmission issue, and also take pictures of the scratches and decide what they're going to do about it. And then call her back and let her know what happens.

After this is taken care of they can shove their free oil changes, I'm taking my business elsewhere.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

It would seem from what I read in posts all stock soft tops suck. As for the dealer ship I dread going down there to buy the jeep. I pray nothing ever goes wrong with it. You would think with what has happen in past years domestic car manufactures would be kissing our ass to sale us cars.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ohh they kissed my ass to sell me the Jeep, they have that part covered lol

They just don't give a crap once they have your money =P
Old 04-03-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joshsolo
It would seem from what I read in posts all stock soft tops suck. As for the dealer ship I dread going down there to buy the jeep. I pray nothing ever goes wrong with it. You would think with what has happen in past years domestic car manufactures would be kissing our ass to sale us cars.
Naa they don't suck, mine leaked one time but hasn't since the one time
Old 04-03-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unbelievable! Another reason why I'll avoid all the stealerships as long as I can; hopefully I'll never have to visit one in my lifetime.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know your pain. Also I am at the dealer now for a leak. Been hear for 1.5 hours and they have not even looked at it yet. I guess appointments are pointless. Perhaps next time I won't wast my time setting one up.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well fuck provincial chrysler in Windsor!

Apparently they're deaf and can't hear a squeaking clutch & brake pedal (master cylinder) and grinding in to 2nd & 3rd is normal.

And they'll replace the top one more time, but they won't replace the windows, claiming they were already scratched when I brought it in which is bullshit, I've babied them because of the horror stories on this forum, 1 had 1 little scratch that was nearly invisible, now they looked like they where tossed on the floor and kicked around.

Corporate was fucking useless as well because both service advisers she talked to said they were already scratched and it's their word against mine.

After 7, I'm never buying another chrysler product again!

Quick Reply: Dealers are awesome!