Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer Wants to Buy Back My Wrangler

Old 01-19-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local dealer has offered to buy mine 3 times now. They want that unlimited warranty gone and they know it's cheaper to pay now than pay later. My 08 will stay mine and they will pay for life on that one. The last time I told him he could outfit the Red Rubicon with all the goodies mine has, including lift, and throw in a spare set of 35 inch tires on the wheels and I may consider it. He declined, but I am sure that he will try again next time.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

0% on a 2011????????????????????????? WHERE?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speed2005
0% on a 2011????????????????????????? WHERE?
You can get 0% anywhere.... for 3 years. That's pretty much standard for any dealership I've seen.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
You can get 0% anywhere.... for 3 years. That's pretty much standard for any dealership I've seen.
On 2010s not 11s
Old 01-19-2011, 01:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speed2005

On 2010s not 11s
On any new vehicle. Not just Jeep.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im friends with the salesman that sold me my Jeep and its no secret that they are wanting rid of all those lifetime warranty vehicles. They went so far as giving me a killer deal on a new 2010 2500, ram big horn, diesel, $39500 plus I would have gotten the rebates!

I'll be honest, I thought about it.

If it were me and I were thinking about trading, I'd at least wait for the new 2012s and see what the new body style is going to look like.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Mine has had its share of problems...but they'll have to buy it back for me to get rid of it...I got a good deal and the warranty was icing on the cake...i'll keep going in until it is fixed or another problem arises.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would hate parting with my old, customized jeep, but...if this is true and what you want, go for it. Here's my advice: Go in there like a paranoid conspiracy theorist. I mean read each word of each page and ask all kinds of questions, even ones you know the answer to double check what he tells you. Not all sales people are out there, but the good ones are hard to find. Good luck!

Cheers!
Old 01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
here's the deal on a lot of this..

1] January is a slow NEW car sales month but usually a decent used car sales month
2] Banks will not loan money to marginal credit customers on New cars but WILL on late model used cars...
3] people always come looking for used wranglers.. therefore a dealer who gets a marginal credit customer looking for a wrangler can charge pretty much whatever he wants for that wrangler because the customer wants it.. so they will mark up a 2009.. sell it for near the cost of a new 2011 streatch the payments out to 60 or 72 months.. and the buyer takes it because he cant get financed for a new one..

the dealer comes looking for you because they know many wrangler owners will buy wrangler again.. yours is used.. he wants it.. figured he can entice you int oa new one... and give you a good deal and still make money on the used..

this summer i traded my 09 unlimited X for a new '10 2 door.. have more options on my new 2 door.. I handed them my 09.. my payments dropped by $125 / month and no money down... I wanted a 2 door auto.. he wanted my 4 door.. it was win-win for me...

-Christopher
I could be wrong but, there is a price differential. First off the sticker between a 2 and a 4 door is about $3500. Factor in your missing info. Was your loan extended, how much did you put down on other Jeep (equity), APR on original loan, etc.,.

I sold cars after I left the military and I smell bunk all over this shit. We used to pull this garbage every month and would laugh that people fell for it. That's why I quit after 10 months. Total horseshit it is. As far as the lifetime warranty thing, they will wait. Chrysler is a union and US backed company. Ergo, unlimited lawyer training ground. If I was told that my Line-x tub voided my corrosion warranty, I wouldn't even blink an eye. New graduate lawyers will spend countless hours to defend the UAW crap work with no thought of fees. You however have to factor in grown up lawyers that want to be paid. Reality is a mofo. I have a lot more to add to this but I'm tired. I will leave you with this: you are about to get screwed. Tell them you'll entertain their offer and get back to them. Guess who's going to call you with an even better offer? "My manager has never done anything like this" he must really like you or be off his meds. Whatever you do, at least you are sticking with jeeps.

Quick Reply: Dealer Wants to Buy Back My Wrangler