Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer pricing thread

Old 06-13-2012, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can see I will be spending a lot of time on here! If all the members are this helpful... Thanks!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Went through Costco auto program

Msrp - 39,100
Invoice - 35,950

Through the program they offer a no hassle price, $500 under invoice, I did a little more negotiating and got it for...

Almost 4k off sticker and 2.5% under invoice.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jamantste
Where does the 599 delivery fee fit in? Can they still charge me for that? I do not believe that the document they have provided is a true invoice. At least I have some ammo for tomorrows round!
I checked and the rules are as follows:

Preferred Price:
A participating dealer submitting a claim under this program must sell or lease the vehicle at the Preferred Price (a maximum of 1% below factory invoice plus a $75 administration fee).

The dealer must show the participant a copy of the Factory Invoice.

Dealer installed options are negotiable between the participant and the dealer, and must be itemized and individually priced on a fully executed Bill of Sale and on the Pricing and Acknowledgement Form signed by the dealer and the purchaser/lessee. A net Bill of Sale without detail is not acceptable.
The dealer price to purchaser/lessee is calculated by adding dealer-installed options and/or Over Allowance on Trade amounts to the Preferred Price. The participant may not be charged for any preparation fees, delivery and handling charges, service or overhead fees, or any other such delivery fees under this program. Documentation fees are allowable under the respective governing State in which the vehicle is titled. Documentation fees may not exceed those normally charged on any other sales transaction.

Administration Fee:
Each participant must pay a $75 program administration fee to help offset the cost necessary to support this program.

Dealer Reimbursement:
Payments under Chrysler Affiliate Rewards will be made as part of the weekly DealerCONNECT incentive claim processing system. Incentive payments will be processed and made to dealers by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) or as a debit or credit against their monthly parts account. The $75 administration fee paid to the selling dealer by the participating customer will be deducted from the 2% payment made to the selling dealer by Chrysler. Participating dealers retain 1% of the 2% payment paid to dealers by Chrysler for all eligible „Preferred Price‟ vehicle sales.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

So what Im gathering from all this is I should get a Costco card or join tread lightly?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio

I checked and the rules are as follows:

Preferred Price:
A participating dealer submitting a claim under this program must sell or lease the vehicle at the Preferred Price (a maximum of 1% below factory invoice plus a $75 administration fee).

The dealer must show the participant a copy of the Factory Invoice.

Dealer installed options are negotiable between the participant and the dealer, and must be itemized and individually priced on a fully executed Bill of Sale and on the Pricing and Acknowledgement Form signed by the dealer and the purchaser/lessee. A net Bill of Sale without detail is not acceptable.
The dealer price to purchaser/lessee is calculated by adding dealer-installed options and/or Over Allowance on Trade amounts to the Preferred Price. The participant may not be charged for any preparation fees, delivery and handling charges, service or overhead fees, or any other such delivery fees under this program. Documentation fees are allowable under the respective governing State in which the vehicle is titled. Documentation fees may not exceed those normally charged on any other sales transaction.

Administration Fee:
Each participant must pay a $75 program administration fee to help offset the cost necessary to support this program.

Dealer Reimbursement:
Payments under Chrysler Affiliate Rewards will be made as part of the weekly DealerCONNECT incentive claim processing system. Incentive payments will be processed and made to dealers by EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) or as a debit or credit against their monthly parts account. The $75 administration fee paid to the selling dealer by the participating customer will be deducted from the 2% payment made to the selling dealer by Chrysler. Participating dealers retain 1% of the 2% payment paid to dealers by Chrysler for all eligible „Preferred Price" vehicle sales.
This is awesome! I owe you big my friend!
Old 06-14-2012, 02:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mike De
So what Im gathering from all this is I should get a Costco card or join tread lightly?
Yes, if you do tread lightly do it sooner then later because there is a 30 day period before you get to use the discount.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Before you join Tread Lightly, check with your job. Many employers are members of the Chrysler Affiliate Program already....mine is.

But I may join Tread Lightly anyway....
Old 06-14-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Question how does the thread lightly discount work? I currently get usaa military discounts so dealers offer vehicles between 300 to 600 below invoice plus rebates. This is not a jeep employee pricing which is much better. Does the thread lightly or costco get down to epp pricing as if employees of jeep?

Just trying to compare the three thanks.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tvan42287
Question how does the thread lightly discount work? I currently get usaa military discounts so dealers offer vehicles between 300 to 600 below invoice plus rebates. This is not a jeep employee pricing which is much better. Does the thread lightly or costco get down to epp pricing as if employees of jeep?

Just trying to compare the three thanks.
The sheet that the dealers work with has 4 things:

Msrp $$
Invoice $$
Affiliate pricing $$
Employee pricing $$

I am assuming that tread lightly, usaa, ..... Are all the same. Affiliate pricing.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just came back from the dealer. He would not remove the fees because he insisted they were "doc fees" in stead of delivery fees even though they were listed and defined as delivery fees on his quote. We went back and forth before he finally agreed to up the amount of my trade by the amount of the fees. I took this as him saving face... Giving me what I wanted without admitting the charge was bs under the incentive deal. Thanks guys. You just put an extra 600 bucks in my pocket!

Quick Reply: Dealer pricing thread