Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer pricing thread

Old 06-13-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys - very new here! I am currently working my deal right now. I'm at 1% below invoice, or what they are calling FWP (work discount). I have tried to get them to budge but they are just not having it. Is this common? Im at 29,828 right now for a 12' JKU sport with hardtop, max tow, uconnect... No nav. I also have a delivery fee of 599.00 that really bothers me. I am very close to signing but something tells me I could do better. I always feel like I got suckered after a car purchase and I am really trying to avoid that. I came with my own financing to eliminate all that crap. Thanks For sharing all this Information!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jamantste
Hey guys - very new here! I am currently working my deal right now. I'm at 1% below invoice, or what they are calling FWP (work discount). I have tried to get them to budge but they are just not having it. Is this common? Im at 29,828 right now for a 12' JKU sport with hardtop, max tow, uconnect... No nav. I also have a delivery fee of 599.00 that really bothers me. I am very close to signing but something tells me I could do better. I always feel like I got suckered after a car purchase and I am really trying to avoid that. I came with my own financing to eliminate all that crap. Thanks For sharing all this Information!
That isn't a very good deal for a 2012 at all....and what is up with that delivery fee? Where is the vehicle located?

Don't walk....RUN away....
Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

A.) 599 for a delivery fee is extremely low, about 200 below current so that is good. Let me ask this, is that the delivery fee on the sticker? If so then that jeep has been sitting on the lot for a while. What jeep has been doing is raising the delivery fee every quoted to easy in to a higher over all price through out the year.

B.) is it a sport "s" when is a step above sport? You will know because it will have power windows and they are also tinted.

C) what other options are there, running boards, connectivity, how many speakers, .....

D) usually on base models there is less negotiation room because you have less of the overpriced bells n whistles, all the crap that I fall for....

E) play around with true car .com, that will tell you what the invoice price is for your jeep. Tip... Match your sticker price to figure out what the invoice price is seeing that this late in the year all of the options have all gone up so your deal will seem like a deal even if it is not

D) what is your msrp ---> sticker price?

Last edited by Halas; 06-13-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

^Is it a Delivery fee or a destination charge?

For 2012's the Destination fee will be on the sticker. $800 for those build before December 31st 2011. $900 for those built up until roughly late April, and $925 after that.

If they are charging you beyond that...RUN! My guess is that they don't have the vehicle on the lot and are getting it from someplace else.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

My new question is what should I pay for a 2012 jeep sahara with body color hard top, nav, connectivity, leather, 3.73, air condition control, with a sticker of 37995.

Here is the kicker it is a dealer demo with 6000 miles???

The dealer is about 33.5k. This is about 12% off, is it worth the miles?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check with your employers first to see if they are members of the Chrysler Affiliate program. Tread Lightly is eligible for the program as well.

With that program, you are GUARANTEED to pay no more than 1% BELOW invoice and a $75 transaction fee for most new vehicles.

Many dealers (including Pat@Fields in Chicago) will do 2% below invoice. Pat does a "no haggle" flat 2% below invoice and does not charge the $75 fee. So as you can imagine, people are ordering their 2013's through him (and other dealers as well).

If you are talking about a 2012 on the lot, I would START at 3-4% BELOW invoice and make sure that any extra "dealer charge" isn't in the final price. Why pay more of a 2012 when you can order a 2013?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by panthermark
Check with your employers first to see if they are members of the Chrysler Affiliate program. Tread Lightly is eligible for the program as well.

With that program, you are GUARANTEED to pay no more than 1% BELOW invoice and a $75 transaction fee for most new vehicles.

Many dealers (including Pat@Fields in Chicago) will do 2% below invoice. Pat does a "no haggle" flat 2% below invoice and does not charge the $75 fee. So as you can imagine, people are ordering their 2013's through him (and other dealers as well).

If you are talking about a 2012 on the lot, I would START at 3-4% BELOW invoice and make sure that any extra "dealer charge" isn't in the final price. Why pay more of a 2012 when you can order a 2013?
My only snag with the 2013's is that they are all ready priced 3% more.... So if I can find a 12 that has what I want, I am going to gab it. ..... As long as it is not a altitude!!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow thanks for the quick feedback. This is really beneficial. T answer some of the additional questions: I guess it is an S because it does have the uconnect, power, tint, etc. It is not referred to as an S anywhere on the paper work. It is located in Huntsville AL.

There is a destination fee of 900.00 AND A delivery fee of 599.00 (which even states that it may include profit).

MSRP on the sheet they provided is 31,360.00. FRP is 30,129. My price (1% below FRP plus a 75 dollar fee) is 29,828.

I hate buying cars!!! Thanks again!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

And it IS coming from another dealership. All they had were those call of duty versions on the lot...meh.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

Wow thanks for the quick feedback. This is really beneficial. T answer some of the additional questions: I guess it is an S because it does have the uconnect, power, tint, etc. It is not referred to as an S anywhere on the paper work. It is located in Huntsville AL.

There is a destination fee of 900.00 AND A delivery fee of 599.00 (which even states that it may include profit).

MSRP on the sheet they provided is 31,360.00. FRP is 30,129. My price (1% below FRP plus a 75 dollar fee) is 29,828.

I hate buying cars!!! Thanks again!
The 599 thing is a joke.... But your price on 31360 is pretty much spot on, are there any other rebates that you could qualify for? What do you drive now?

Ask them if it would be of benefit to not use your discount.... This may sound weird but it may make them more money if you do not use it as previously stated in the thread.....

To give them a hard time, ask them why you shouldn't just wait a month to see what the 13's look like.... Why should you buy now when you can get the same deal on a 13.... I bet they come down a little.

What color are you looking at?

Last edited by Halas; 06-13-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealer pricing thread