Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer pricing thread

Old 08-01-2012, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Almost There

That's a great rate - wish we had that in Canada - the best I've seen is 4.99%

~$40/month difference, almost $3000 over the term of the loan
What happens if you came down to the US to buy?
Old 08-01-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

I'm not sure how that would work, but I'd think that a US lender would want their collateral where they can get at it - in the US.

Toyota Canada just announced 2.9% fixed rate for 72 months on 4Runners... so I took a base SR5 for a test drive today. The 4Runner is not as capable as a JKUR offroad, but does have considerable merit otherwise.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am pricing a 2012 JK

Package 24 B
Auto Trans
A/C
Towing Package
3.73 Gears

Sticker: 25,575
USAA: 24,132
MSRP: ?

Is this all too much for a 12 should I be going for a 13? I don't mind either or I'd like a 12 since I hope to get it cheaper but if a 13 is a grand more or something I'll take a 13. Do I have more power towards the end of the year? The dealership is picking this Jeep off another lot.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think so, I used USAA and got our 2012 JK for $22,115, MSRP was $24,910!

23B Package
A/C
3.73 Gears
Connectivity Group
Tow Package
Old 08-10-2012, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow how'd you get so low?

I found the dealership that actually has the Jeep on the lot and it is 24,040 and they have a "email price" that I am working. I am doing this all online so I don't have to spend lots of time. I know the trucar thing says people are paying 22k for their Jeep. Should I go in with a low offer or how can I use USAA to get it that low.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found what I wanted on a local lot, built it in USAA using the exact options, went to the next page where you choose the dealership, found the lowest priced dealership (was actually different than where I bought), printed that sheet and brought it to the dealership that had the exact Jeep I wanted and they matched the price. Was pretty simple and straight forward!

How far are you from Atlanta? Use 30127 in USAA and get the lowest price. I actually purchased from Ed Voyles Jeep in Marietta. The dealer with the lowest price was Don Jackson, but their selection sucked.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm going to try to wheel and deal this dealer. I want tinted windows. Do you guys think they'll swap the clear soft top to one with tint. I'd love it if they kept the wheels and took money off and i'll bring my rubi take offs
Old 08-10-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ptarnuzzer
I found what I wanted on a local lot, built it in USAA using the exact options, went to the next page where you choose the dealership, found the lowest priced dealership (was actually different than where I bought), printed that sheet and brought it to the dealership that had the exact Jeep I wanted and they matched the price. Was pretty simple and straight forward!

How far are you from Atlanta? Use 30127 in USAA and get the lowest price. I actually purchased from Ed Voyles Jeep in Marietta. The dealer with the lowest price was Don Jackson, but their selection sucked.
I bought from Ed Voyles as well. Great dealership who wont hassle you over mods (that I've seen or heard about)
Old 08-10-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ezekiel97
I'm going to try to wheel and deal this dealer. I want tinted windows. Do you guys think they'll swap the clear soft top to one with tint. I'd love it if they kept the wheels and took money off and i'll bring my rubi take offs
It's not likely they will swap tops because the tinted windows are listed on the window sticker. It would leave another Jeep short a listed option! Now, you may be able to negotiate a set of tinted windows as part of the deal, or just buy a set and keep the non-tinted ones for spares. I know BesTop sells the tinted windows for about $250, but I don't know if they have them for the 2012 yet.

As for the tires and wheels, get the 24B Package and see if the dealership will swap the new steelies for the Rubis you already have as part of the trade. I doubt they'd balk much being as they'll have a trade with a brand new set of tires they can sell.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patman
I bought from Ed Voyles as well. Great dealership who wont hassle you over mods (that I've seen or heard about)
They were pretty awesome to work with! They actually install the mods at the dealership, and if you have them add the installation to the "We Owe" slip, whatever parts you want installed (even if you purchase them somewhere else) will be covered by the 3 year 36K mile warranty! Plus, I think everyone of the guys in their Internet Department drives a modded JK!

Quick Reply: Dealer pricing thread