Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer markup on Mopar accessories and parts?

Old 07-18-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer markup on Mopar accessories and parts?

Does anyone know what discount percentage below the suggested price that dealers pay for Mopar accessory parts?

My local dealer parts guy said he would "work with me" on a price for a large parts order (bumpers, skidplates, light brackets, rubber floor lineretc.).

I might be able to save a lot on shipping heavy parts, especially if I can get him to budge a good bit below suggested retail price.

I know I can get better or cheaper parts from a wide range of vendors, but I am planning to use Mopar parts if they are suitable whenever possible.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what there mark up is, but the parts guy from my dealer has called and left messages for me offering 10-15% off acc and oem parts.

So if he really wants your business for a large order I would make sure you get at least 15% off
Old 07-18-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! I'd probably be happy with 15% off and no shipping charges.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default discount

Yucca- I'm getting 20% from my local dealer on single item purchases, of course I work in the business. They also will match any internet price.... Talk it over with your parts guy.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

I'd look at moparpartsamerica...........
Find the price & know They're still making money-- take THAT figure in with ya' when ya' go talk to the guy
Old 07-18-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
I'd look at moparpartsamerica...........
Find the price & know They're still making money-- take THAT figure in with ya' when ya' go talk to the guy
X2
Old 07-19-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

http://www.justforjeeps.com/07wranglerjk.html

"Please note that we are able to get any Chrysler OEM or Mopar part. If an item is not on the website please contact us."

I've been using them for the past month for OEM parts. They're open and ship on Saturdays (today), and because they're just down I-90 from me, I have the items in a couple of days using standard ground shipping. They accept paypal too.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

being a parts manager at a dealership (not jeep) every dealer has a different markup depending on the parts "matrix" its up to the matrix setting by the manager that determines how much products are marked up. if he has a high matrix 20% off should be ok. employees pay cost plus 10% usually. try subtraction 1.65% from the list price and thats usually around what the dealer pays for parts. And dealers should never ever charge shipping for getting parts to the dealership unless it express from the distribution center (DC) All the ones i worked at sends everythign free off charge to dealers.

Quick Reply: Dealer markup on Mopar accessories and parts?