Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer lied about delivery HELP!!

Old 11-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Zee
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the khaki will look nice with the red....
Old 11-17-2007, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I browsed through a red rock with khaki when I was looking. I liked the contrast quite a bit. Of course, I don't know you at all, but I'd be happy with that color, for what it's worth.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for your guys feedback on the color. Unfortunately the guy assured me I would receive a call today between 5 and 6pm to let me know good, bad, or unknown info. No call. I may have to take this to the next level...

I've bought a lot of cars in the past with the same sales agreement and trading of vehicles. This is the first time I have been lied to.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

I'd call the local news channel. They usually have a consumer lawyer that would love to interview the dealer and see what the deal is. I ordered a truck once and it didn't come in when it was suposed to. The dealer would'nt give back the deposit, or work with me on a different truck so I called the news. The dealer called me a couple of days later and asked me to pick up the deposit and ask the news to stop calling them. I hate dealers. They are all crooks. I don't care what they tell you. They could give a shit about the customer.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

in their defense, i don't think they lied to you about the deal. i believe they genuinely made an agreement with the other dealership to get you a JK. but then before it actually happened, the [b]other[b] dealership found an eager buyer and sold your JK before it was delivered to your dealership. unfortunately, you're the one that ends up getting screwed.

as for expecting a dealership to call when they say they're going to....never believe that! always be pro-active. if they say they're going to call at 5pm, then i'd rather just be at their front door at 4:45. it's easier to dismiss someone over the phone rather than when they're in your face.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepn0811
I hate dealers. They are all crooks. I don't care what they tell you. They could give a shit about the customer.
generalizations are never completely true
Old 11-17-2007, 09:13 PM
JK Junkie

Here's my Jeep Green with the Khaki. It's totally different than what they show on the website, I think they changed it to more Khaki than tan.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the photo Scout4Life...it's much more subtle than Jeep.com shows it to be. Hopefully they will come through with this deal.

I did exactly what you said Superboo, showed up, but that didn't help either. I would have had to make 2 trips in today to get my answers.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:48 AM
JK Super Freak

if they are contractually obligated to provide you the vehicle that you have contractually signed a purchase "Agreement for". If they can not provide that vehicle, the purchase agreement is invalid and the deal negated! At the least they owe you your money back. If you want to waste time (alot) and money of hiring a lawyer at your expense, it will simply be to make a point! I'd simply show up at the dealership and demand a face to face with the General Manager of the dealership. The sales people or the sales manager simply do not have the authority tp make anything happen. He'll know where they stand, and demand an answer before you leave.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

That's right, Jamil. You have to get back there and wait until you have written confirmation of exactly what truck you're getting and exactly when. The squeaky wheel will get the grease.

Oh, and don't just sit in the lobby and wait. Keep getting up and finding the manager and follow the guy around until you get satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Dealer lied about delivery HELP!!