Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer invoice on 2010 JK?

Old 06-14-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was on of the first one to get a 2010 sport acording to the dealer in NYC mine was 34 and change for some reason MSRP but i got it for 29,000
Old 06-14-2010, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Dealer invoice on 2010 JK?

Got my Sport 23s at $4700 under MSRP. Happy with the deal I made.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:49 PM
2003KJ

General consensus seems to be about $5000 off the advertised sticker price is what everyone is paying.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

About a month ago I was looking to purchase a JKU Rubicon. The MSRP was $35,390 and I was quoted $32,741, which was $500 below invoice. That was an outstanding deal and I would have taken it if things had worked out right. I would say that at or below invoice is probably a good place to be and is also fair to the dealer. Be careful, however, that they don't stack on charges. If you can, get financing from a credit union or bank prior to meeting with the dealership. One of the places that they make a KILLING is on finance charges and all the little "extras" that they tell you will "only increase your payment by $5 a month!"

Take a look at my post in this thread, as I explain some of the numbers associated with a deal.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default Tread Lightly

I'm not here to make a plug, but to perhaps offer a good buy for those that are looking.
I just got the new Quadratec catalog yesterday and was happy to see that the floor mats they sell are being offered as "tread lightly" branded. Basically, it's $5 more per item and instead of a Quadratec logo, it has the Tread Lightly Logo, which I always prefer over a "brand".

In any event, I went searching around the tread lightly site and found that an individual with a tread lightly membership is, as a perk to the membership, able to use the "friends and family" or "affiliate" deal and get any Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep product for 1% under invoice.

If anyone uses this, let me know. We will be taking advantage probably early next year or in the fall. Oh, btw- Tread Lightly ind membership is only $25/yr.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Default Military Pricing

I'm a soldier currently in Afghanistan, but I'm going to be stationed in Germany when I finish this deployment. I just purchased a 2010 Rubicon Unlimited through Military Sales. Part of their sales pitch is that they'll match any price plus $300. I ended up ordering my Rubicon with the following options for $39, 062.50:

Towing Group
Supplemental Front Airbags
4-Speed Auto
Hard Top
Gray Leather
Media Center 730N
Remote Start

(Yeah, I know . . . more Cadillac than Rubicon)

Anyhow, there was also a $1,000 rebate, but they are charging me $2,429 for shipping to Germany. I know there must be dealers in the States that have better deals than I'm getting. Does anyone know of a dealership that might provide me a quote? Thanks in advance everybody!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

I purchased my Sahara Unlimited for 8.3% off MSRP or approx. $3,000 off. I had little room to negotiate as I wanted Dark Charcoal Pearl and there were only about 5 in a 500 radius. My dealer was not willing to lower the price even when I walked away for another deal several states away. I ended going back because I didn't have the time to spend a day driving home
Old 06-15-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

for reference, i bought my 2010 sahara for 6% under invoice. That was $3750 under sticker.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by _Jedi_
About a month ago I was looking to purchase a JKU Rubicon. The MSRP was $35,390 and I was quoted $32,741, which was $500 below invoice. That was an outstanding deal and I would have taken it if things had worked out right. I would say that at or below invoice is probably a good place to be and is also fair to the dealer. Be careful, however, that they don't stack on charges. If you can, get financing from a credit union or bank prior to meeting with the dealership. One of the places that they make a KILLING is on finance charges and all the little "extras" that they tell you will "only increase your payment by $5 a month!"

Take a look at my post in this thread, as I explain some of the numbers associated with a deal.
Usually the dealer will do business with all the local banks. They can get you the best rate( if the finance manager is honest). Those extras all you do is say no to then they don't get added on. Plus now adays alot of rebates are finance protected so IF you don't finance with GMAC if buying a Chrysler product then you can't use the rebate. Just something to consider!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Wow you guys are getting much better deals than dealer invoice, which seems to be about 1k below sticker...

Quick Reply: Dealer invoice on 2010 JK?