Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer Headaches!!!

Old 12-28-2007, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Headaches!!!

Would anyone know if you can get the 0% APR when you just order the jeep and not upon delivery i.e. when you drive it off the lot. My delima is I've gone to 4 dealers and none have the options I want and none can get it from another dealer within 500 miles so it looks like I need to order it (which is fine) except 3 of the 4 say when I do that I can't get the 0% APR because it won't arrive until after "The event of a lifetime" is over. The one says he can do it and even if it does come after Jan 2 I can still get the 0%, but now all 3 of the other dealers are saying that is hogwash and if I do it and wait than the deal will just pass me by. HELP......PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepJK77
The one says he can do it and even if it does come after Jan 2 I can still get the 0%, but now all 3 of the other dealers are saying that is hogwash and if I do it and wait than the deal will just pass me by. HELP......PLEASE!!!!!!
This guy is full of crap. Listen to the commercial: "Must take DELIVERY by 1/2/08". That is just part of ordering, you are counting on luck to have some incentive in place when the vehicle comes in. In all reality, when you order, you should expect no incententives.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would roll the dice and order the jeep you want- Jeep/ Chrysler will have many more sales events after 1/2/08. after checking local dealers it seems that there are plenty of wranglers to choose from and they will have to move these vehicles by having 0% or better to do so. Check the Jeep web site and you can see they added "no payments for 6 months" to the 0% they already advertised. I'm sitting on the side line to see the deals they have for 08' Chris
Old 12-28-2007, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HDFFR
I would roll the dice and order the jeep you want- Jeep/ Chrysler will have many more sales events after 1/2/08. after checking local dealers it seems that there are plenty of wranglers to choose from and they will have to move these vehicles by having 0% or better to do so. Check the Jeep web site and you can see they added "no payments for 6 months" to the 0% they already advertised. I'm sitting on the side line to see the deals they have for 08' Chris
+1... Once they make an offer like this they will typically bring it back time and time again. It might just come down to the luck of the draw; so I guess there is risk involved... I am hoping they will have something decent when mine arrives, but only time will tell...
Old 12-28-2007, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

JeepJK77 - I believe Cdash is right and my Dealer agrees with the other 3 Dealers. For this current deal you have to take delivery of it (not just order it) by 1/2/08. HDFFR and SteelMastiff are probably right too. Once they go down the 0% road, they tend to do it again - though there’s no guarantee.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it is more important to get what you want vs. saving some money on the finnancing. Chrysler seems to have some sort of deal every quarter. I purchased my wife's Commander at 0% during the last "Deal of a Lifetime" a few months ago.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by utjeeper
Chrysler seems to have some sort of deal every quarter. I purchased my wife's Commander at 0% during the last "Deal of a Lifetime" a few months ago.

If you can get close to what you want, i would move before the turn of the year. I had to settle for full doors, when I wanted half doors. Don't confuse the deals DC will always run on their other inferior products with the deal on the wranglers right now. There is no compettion for the wrangler, so once year end whoas pass for DC it may be awhile before you see 0% on them. You might see low financing, but I think 0% will go away for a while on the wrangler.

Other way to think about it is, 0% will save you anywher from est. 1500-2500 bucks in interest. Can you close the gap with aftermarket parts on what is available on the lots now for less than that?
Old 12-29-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think 0% will still be around in 08'
check out this link: http://www.optimum.net/News/AP/Article?articleId=367846
Old 12-29-2007, 03:49 PM
JK Junkie

I had the same dilema in 2004. The dealer said I would still get it so I placed the order......but....I was smart enough to get it put in writing in the contract. When it came in the dealer said, "Sorry, you did not take delivery on time". I told him he could honor the contract or I would see what the States atorney general had to say.......I got 0%...

Quick Reply: Dealer Headaches!!!