Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Daystar

Old 04-02-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daystar

Just finished installing a second set of PIAA light, it went great. The downside was the Daystar lower panel with rocker switches, piece of crap. The worst part is the shift boot hits the switches and every time I shift the boot hit's the switches and they go off. Also note the Daystar upper dash panel doesn't hold and iPhone.

Here's the letter I sent to Daystar, I wonder if they care?

Daystar,

I just finished installing these to products,

Dash Panel - Lower - JK Wrangler * - DYSTR-J-KJ71030
Dash Panel - Upper - JK Wrangler * - DYSTR-J-KJ71020
Switch - Light Rocker - Blue - JK Wrangler * - DYSTR-J-KU80011

The quality of the parts is very poor, the surface was not a very close match. The upper panel doesn't hold and iPhone like the ad picture I say. But my biggest disappointment was with the lower cash panel and switches. They touch the shift boot, which causes them to turn off when I shift into 1st, 3rd and 5th gear. If this is a common problem then you should tell people that the panel is just for looks and not function.

I probably would not order, or recommend any of your products unless I was able to see them in person to avoid buying useless products. It's hard to believe a company would produce products without trying them first.

Wm Allfrey

Old 04-02-2011, 04:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the day star rocker panel in my jeep. It's an automatic, but when I use the 4wd, my knuckles hit the panel every time and sets one of the rockers off. Just the way they are......
Old 04-03-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
I have the day star rocker panel in my jeep. It's an automatic, but when I use the 4wd, my knuckles hit the panel every time and sets one of the rockers off. Just the way they are......
Wish I'd know about the Daystar problems before I paid a $100 for this useless stuff.

I did find to solutions that help keep the lights on when shifting. If you own a Jeep you just need to be resourceful. So what do you think, duct tape or bungee?

:crazy eyes:

Wonder if Daystar ever takes any of there junk back?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thought I'd get an email from Daystar today, but no luck. I'm still not happy. Guess I'll get to work on modifying the original panel.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

I think the leather shift boot off a 2011 might fix your problem. Check out the upgrading to 2011 interior threads.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Which iPhone?

You must have an iPhone 3G/3GS. My iPhone 4 fits in the front recessed pocket perfect on the upper dash panel. BTW, I love both my upper and lower dash panel, have never had one issue. It's just injection molded plastic, not some custom piece of carbon fiber technology
Old 04-05-2011, 01:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GCM 2
You must have an iPhone 3G/3GS. My iPhone 4 fits in the front recessed pocket perfect on the upper dash panel. BTW, I love both my upper and lower dash panel, have never had one issue. It's just injection molded plastic, not some custom piece of carbon fiber technology
My iPhone 4 dosen't lay flat in the front recess. You must have an automatic. So my solution is to buy a 2011 Jeep? I'll get right on that.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Flip94ta
I think the leather shift boot off a 2011 might fix your problem. Check out the upgrading to 2011 interior threads.
The leather boot on my 6 speed pushes the gear shift out of 2nd and 4th if I have the clutch puched in.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by William
My iPhone 4 dosen't lay flat in the front recess. You must have an automatic. So my solution is to buy a 2011 Jeep? I'll get right on that.
My iPhone is placed in the "upper" dash panel, which is the Daystar dash insert above the radio. Where did you get anything about the phone being placed infront of the shifter I am pretty sure I am not advising anyone to buy a 2011 jeep
Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bstpierre

The leather boot on my 6 speed pushes the gear shift out of 2nd and 4th if I have the clutch puched in.
There's a thread on here about a rubber dust cover under the boot that is getting wedged in the shifter, not the boot.

Quick Reply: Daystar