Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dashboard Storage solution

Old 11-18-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard Storage solution

I had looked at the Daystar center dash upgrade, but it left me a little flat considering the amount of storage missing on our Jeeps (coin, sunglasses, etc), so I have been trolling the aisles of Walmart, Costco, and other stores looking for a solution.

I believe I may have found it. Office Max has a "drawer organizer" that is a black mesh screen and is nearly a perfect fit width-wise and only is about 1/4 to 1/8" from sitting flat front to back. It has four compartments, one of which has a plastic cup which would be ideal for change. Cost....$10.99.

I am going to try and mount it up with Velcro this weekend and see how it works. As it is, I am not sure whether to try and bend it into contour, or just build up the feet a bit...not sure
Old 11-18-2008, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

do you have any pictures?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not yet....will try and figure that out this weekend when I get access to my camera and hopefully some sort of an install.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Jeff, but I just had to do this to yea.

Post them picks when you get a chance...
Old 11-19-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

I am curious to see how you are going to make a piece of office material look like it belongs in a Jeep. :-)
Old 11-19-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Summit Jeep
I am curious to see how you are going to make a piece of office material look like it belongs in a Jeep. :-)
Just roll some bedliner on it
Old 12-15-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rugged Ridge Dash Organizer

I'm wondering if anyone has installed the Rugged Ridge Dash Organizer. Part number 13551.10 It looks really neat. Stay upright, Dave.

This clever JK Dash Organizer from Rugged Ridge is the perfect solution to your clutter needs. The two storage trays are completely adjustable along a sturdy aluminum cross tube, putting storage where you need it most. Each features a rubber liner to keep your personal items from sliding across the tray. Liners can be easily removed for suction devices such as GPS or Satellite Radio Receivers. Dash Organizers also feature a unique slot for MP3 players or Phones with belt clips. Installation is easy with its innovative no-drill design and UV treated thermoplastic mounting points which attach to existing areas on your dash. Fits all ’07-’09 Wranglers.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rugged Ridge dash storage 13551.10.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	16608  
Old 12-16-2008, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by downunderdave
I'm wondering if anyone has installed the Rugged Ridge Dash Organizer. Part number 13551.10 It looks really neat.[/B]
I'd like to hear any reviews, as well.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went up to Walmart and found this one...

http://www.gogearorganizers.com/wedge.html

I think it's small enough to go in in front of the shifter. I'll play around with it and post the pics.

Nope, covers the OD cancel button. Might try it on the passenger side of the console. Have to get better half's approval first.

Bob

Last edited by toad; 12-16-2008 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Please no direct links to non-sponsored vendors. Thanks!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure if I can do this, but finally got a picture and some editing software to reduce the image size. This is the Office Max solution for dash storage I started this thread with. Sorry it has taken so long.

Quick Reply: Dashboard Storage solution