Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Darn Backorders!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darn Backorders!

Sorry for wasting time but i'm just gonna go on a rant here to vent some frustration .

So yesterday I order a Bestop Trekstop softtop for my jk

and i'm all exited to receive it and start using it to better enjoy the beautiful days we've been having here up in quebec. well i just so happen to check my order status online today to see if it's been put through and it says that it's on backorder.

y don't they post it as backorder before you can order it. i called quadratec to find out when they would be receiving some and they said only at the END of june .....THE END!!!!!!!!!

i called three other online suppliers and they all said the same thing, something about the manufacturer hasn't released enough yet and they all are expected for the end of june.

anyways i know it's just a month away, and oddly enough my birthday is on June 29th so i guess it will be my b-day gift to myself.

thx y'all for listening it felt good just to talk about it.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:39 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

That's probably the most common complaint that you read about Quadratec: You can't find out whether an item is in stock or not, even when you call and they confirm they have it. When they do have it, however, their shipping is extremely fast.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

ya, true. anyways i found a place near my house, national4wd that said they should have them in a week. i don't know if they are telling the truth but i'mm take my chances.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Factory soft tops too

My dealer told me softtops are back ordered for atleast 8 months. I dident belive him so I called every dealer ship in my area (5) they all said the same thing. I would assume that's because 2011 wrangler is slightly diffrent and they are putting all effort into making the new 2011 tops for production. Maybe trek tops are in the sAme boat?
Old 05-30-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikegp
So yesterday I order a Bestop Trekstop softtop for my jk
I know you will enjoy the trek top, I see you are in Quebec, hope you don't get stung to bad on duties and shipping, Quadratec are lethel shipping to Canada. I got my Trektop from National 4wd and actually saved a few bucks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubi with hitch 1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	70313   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubi with trek top 2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	70314   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubi with trek top 1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	70315   Click image for larger version

Name:	April 5 2009 trektop 002.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	70316  
Old 05-30-2010, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, my Benchmark Designs oil pan skid ain't gonna make it in time for my wheeling trip next week, despite assurances that it would. I am NOT happy. I know they've been busy, but it was promised and not delivered.

Tis the season for backorders.

EDIT: I installed my Trektop today. You will love it. It is very cool.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

patience i guess is all we could use to cope. its fustrating but i guess there are worse things in life. thx for sharing everyone

cheers
Old 06-07-2010, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

My Benchmark Oil Pan shipped the day AFTER I left on my big 4x4 trip. Fortunately I didn't need it, but still...
Old 06-08-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
My Benchmark Oil Pan shipped the day AFTER I left on my big 4x4 trip. Fortunately I didn't need it, but still...
wow, thats just weird luck, i'm glad u didn't need it

Quick Reply: Darn Backorders!