Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dark Grey Paint for JK....Why not?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dark Grey Paint for JK....Why not?

I was just curious if anyone had some insight into why a dark Grey Color was never offered for the JK (That I've seen anyway).
I'm aware of the Dark Charcoal Pearl, which is a great color, but I mean a more Greyish.

All other Jeep models have Mineral Grey, which is a really nice color. I see the Mineral Grey Cherokee's, Patriot's, Liberty's and Commander's (I personally haven't seen a Compass that I thought looked good, no matter what color) and it looks so good. I think a JK in Mineral Grey would look great too and likely be a popular choice. (Hopefully I'm not the only one)

Has anyone painted their JK a dark Grey? or even considered it? I would like to see what it looked like on a JK, may be I'd change my mind if I saw one.

I did some online browsing on other Chrysler websites, and was surprised to find out that every other Chrysler/ Dodge and Jeep (even Fiat) offer's some form of Dark grey with the JK being the only vehicle in Chrysler's 'Catalogue' that does not have it as an option. It seems to be very popular with all other vehicles, when you go to a mall parking lot and look around it's every where,
Dark grey is the new Silver..Ha.

Anyone else agree...or disagree?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

they offered the dark charcoal grey in 2010. I was able to buy one of the very few I've seen in this color. Jeep seems to only offer the best colors (like the charcoal and the tan) for a short run. They keep the weird colors like yellow, green, and every hideous variation of orange around for ever.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by b5rider
they offered the dark charcoal grey in 2010. I was able to buy one of the very few I've seen in this color. Jeep seems to only offer the best colors (like the charcoal and the tan) for a short run. They keep the weird colors like yellow, green, and every hideous variation of orange around for ever.

I do love the dark charcoal a lot wish it had of stayed around for 2011 when I bought mine.

I'd like to see a jk in the mineral grey like this color.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4095164195.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	331388  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

No one else... Am I the only one that would like to have this color? It hides scratches well.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wait to see what Anvil looks like.

Quick Reply: Dark Grey Paint for JK....Why not?