Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

daily driving with swaybar disconnected.............

Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Youri
If some child runs into me on the road and makes me flip my jeep, I will not be explaining anything to the mother. She will be explaining to me why she couldn't keep her child out of the street. As a parent, there's like 2 things you got to do, keep your child out of the street and give him food.

I'll sue her too, for a new jeep and for emotional distress of having run over some kid.

Also, I leave my swaybar disconnected after wheeling all the time and my jeep handles fine on the highway, for 100+ miles. I never do sharp turns either, because I feel like I'd flop even without the swaybar!

My jeep isn't insanely lifted or on huge tires though, maybe that makes it handle better.
You run into my child on the street , I'd cut your legs off, use my propane torch to cauterize them and throw you back in your precious flipped jeep and set it on fire you stupid fuck. Anyone who hurts kids in my area pays a fuckin price. Nuff said on that.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
That sounds lovely. Way to be a positive contributor to society.
hahhahahahaha!!!!
Originally Posted by mkjeep
You run into my child on the street , I'd cut your legs off, use my propane torch to cauterize them and throw you back in your precious flipped jeep and set it on fire you stupid fuck. Anyone who hurts kids in my area pays a fuckin price. Nuff said on that.
hahahah i laughed hard.....

love the forum
Old 04-19-2010, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we focus on enjoying our Jeeps rather than causing morbid destruction?

I think this thread has outlived its value.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Youri

YOU let your child run out into traffic and cause an accident, where I hit him, flip my jeep and MY kids and MY wife get hurt and you will pay the price.

Even if I don't get hurt, if I just don't see him until the last moment and run him over, I still don't need that on my conscience, just because you were an irresponsible parent.

Why should I have to live knowing I ran over some kid, because you were too lazy and dumb to raise your children?

Please, if you can't raise a kid and keep him out of the road, don't have him! If you already had him, put him up for adoption!

Your child is endangering lives.
Grow a brain. There are many reasons why a kid or anyone for that matter may make a mistake and get in front of your vehicle. It's not automatically the parents fault.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spinlock
Can we focus on enjoying our Jeeps rather than causing morbid destruction?

I think this thread has outlived its value.
Indeed, as has Youri.....

My regards,

Widewing
Old 04-19-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutchboy101
One of the kids in my Jeep club didn't connect after a wheeling trip. I say kid, because he is 19.
I was driving right behind him when he went about two feet of the side on a country road.
He over corrected and flipped the Jeep twice, and totalled it. Landed upside down in a ditch.

There was not a lot left of the Jeep and had he had a passenger, that person would be six feet under. The windshield completely crumbled on that side. as for the driver, he walked away with a broken nose, and was extremely lucky.

Glad to hear that you are attaching your sway bars again.
Tragic!

For the sake of this thread, did it come to light in the case that he had failed to reconnect the sway bar? If so, did it have any bearing on liability?
Old 04-19-2010, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Every once in a while, society gets reminded that there are genuine, authentic, dyed-in-the-wool idiots roaming among us.

Thank you, Youri, for today's reminder.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok gentlemen, i am reconnected........you can put down the blowtorch mark!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I was being sarcastic (directed at those who say it's OK to drive around disconnected).
I have been giving advice to reconnect for a couple of years, now.

sarcasm definition

A form of irony in which apparent praise conceals another, scornful meaning. For example, a sarcastic remark directed at a person who consistently arrives fifteen minutes late for appointments might be, “Oh, you've arrived exactly on time!”
Sorry Mate

My bad. I have a three year old as you will see in my album, and the thought of people driving around in unsafe vehicles with silly excuses got me a bit mad. Mate kids are kids they do stupid things when u least expect it.

I apologize to everyone here I didnt want to be so rude but lost my cool a little bit. Just for the sake of everyones kids drive safely.

Happy Jeepin
mani
Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutchboy101
When I walked over to the Jeep I cut off the zip ties to the sway bar and he had the bolts connected to the bracket, and I also took those off. Didn't want him to get screwed over by the insurance over this.
He has luckily learned his lesson.

I don't think the adjuster/insurance even noticed they are missing.
The Jeep was obviously totalled.
Simple claim, then. If someone HAD gotten killed, there may have been more of an investigation.

Quick Reply: daily driving with swaybar disconnected.............