Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

D1 to Dealer turnaround?

Old 02-22-2011, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default D1 to Dealer turnaround?

My Jeep is D1 status. How long does it typically take form D1 to Dealer lot? Want to make sure my wheels and tires get her before he Jeep lol
Old 02-22-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call the 1800 number listed in one of the threads on here and get the estimated ship date from Jeep. They can reference by simply giving your name or the order/VIN number if you have it. My Rubi was sent out on that exact est ship date even though it sat in D1 for quite a while. It was NOT earlier.... no matter how many times I called and begged nicely.

I would imagine being in Ohio helps with the transport. SHouldn't take to long to get her to the dealership. BTW, The dealer needs it for at least an afternoon to get it inspected, etc. Trust me, I knew exactly when it reached Birmingham,AL via Railcar and when it was loaded on a semi. I knew when the truck left the yard in Birmingham, and I knew when she arrived ( I drove by the dealer and saw her on the trailer).
Waiting sucks.... but it is worth it.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 PM
JK Freak

I called the 800 number (that’s how I got the D1 status) and they could not give me a estimated date. All they said is the standard 14-16 weeks
Old 02-22-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

I looked back through my emails from dealer, etc.
__________________________________________________ ____________
I ordered mine on 12-16-2010

C status on 12-20-10

Somewhere around 12-27-2010 I was put in D1 status and given ship date

Est ship date from factory was 01-13-2011; it was completed at factory that day

arrived via rail in birmingham 01-19-11

Arrived at and picked up from dealer on 01/25/11

Good luck.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered another Jeep last Saturday, I thought I would be ok with waiting but no....
Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Freak

I now have est ship date of March 10th
Old 03-02-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by speed2005
Congrats
Old 03-02-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Freak

When did you order yours?

I ordered mine on February 2nd (2011 if anyone is reading this in five years).

For a long time I had a status of "Order ready to proceed on line" but had an estimated shipping date of Feb 24th.

At first I was calling a Chrysler number and they were very helpful and friendly. Then I discovered there is Jeep number and I called that. The first person I talked to on that line was not helpful at all. I had the same status of Order ready to proceed on line and she asked when I ordered. I told her Feb 2nd and she said it would take 12 to 16 weeks and I should call back mid-March. I told her that I had an estimated ship date of the 24th and she said yes, it still says that, that date will have to slip. That was on the 23rd, in the morning.

The next morning (24th) I called and got someone else who was really helpful. She said the status changed to "Trim shop" and that occurred on the 23rd. She suggested I call back on Monday or maybe Saturday because they are working Saturday's in the plant (I didn't think the customer service line was open on Saturday ).

Friday afternoon the guy over the was from me said "Just think Barry, right now there is some guy getting drunk in your Jeep." Later I called and the status was "Released from the plant" and that occurred on the 24th. I asked the lady if she knew how long it would take to get to the dealer. She suggested calling the dealer, he would be able to help better. I wasn't sure if the vehicle would have to go to a distribution center first or if it would just come US-23 from Toledo to Ann Arbor.

Tuesday (March 1st) I got a call from the dealer saying the vehicle arrived Monday night. They need to do the dealer prep and send it out to get the aftermarket seat heaters (Sport S doesn't have them as an option) but I should be able to pick it up on Thursday, Maybe Wednesday (today).

Mine is a Wrangler Unlimited with the Mango Tango paint and the six speed transmission. On Tuesday I checked the View your window sticker website and my sticker was finally up there.
(http://www.jeep.com/hostc/getWindowS...=your_vin_here )

Last night I looked at the dealer's online inventory and my vehicle is listed there with the status of "In Transit".

Ironically, the picture they display with the dealer inventory is this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	MangoTangoSahara.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	132222
which is more what yours will look like and your avatar is what mine will look like.

Last edited by bstpierre; 03-02-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bstpierre
When did you order yours?
First order was placed Jan 19th and it got canceled by Jeep a month later because of the Navigation change.
Current order was placed Feb 17th

2011 JKJP74-WRANGLER UNLIMITED SAHARA 4X4 | Mango Tango / Black | Auto | Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle | Supplemental Frt Seat Side Air Bags | RHB Media Center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV | Connectivity Group | Remote Start System | Freedom Top | Trailer Tow Group

Can't wait to get her
Old 03-02-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Can't wait to get her
I hear you!

Mine is a Sport-S with Dual Tops, Connectivity Group (U-Connect), Trailer tow and Customer preferred package 23S (power locks, windows, mirrors and 32 inch tires (P255/75R17) with alloy rims).

Quick Reply: D1 to Dealer turnaround?