Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Custom Plates, help me decide!

Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by matzjeep
actually those were all decoys and this is the one I really want.

Attachment 240606
Probably doesn't matter with this one... but a little advice, go to AAA to order your plates. At AAA they can work it out so the letters are are centered on the plate. I've done this several times and the last time I ordered off the DMV web site, the letters came off center and they won't fix it - however it looks centered on their web site. The California DMV is a pain in the ass and I will never buy personalized plates off their Web site ever again.

If you order through AAA they have access to the DMV system and have a way to make sure they come centered.

Good luck.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Hmmm, that's odd about the plates being off center. My letters always came centered or how they should look
Have you visited our worthless DMV's and ordered plates off their Web site? Or try to get something like this resolved? I usually do all my DMV transactions at the Auto Club... they offer good customer service and they made sure my other plates were correct and centered.

This plate was the first time I ordered straight off the DMV Web site and they delivered it off center. I never had that problem when ordering from the Auto Club.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	03 Plate.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	240672  

Last edited by m998dna; 11-23-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: fixed a word
Old 11-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Mlcrwlr for sure. The others would make people say wtf?

Quick Reply: Custom Plates, help me decide!