Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Current wait time for a soft top X, or Sahara

Old 03-20-2007, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current wait time for a soft top X, or Sahara

I've been noticing lately that some people are getting their JK orders within 4 weeks of ordering which blows me away... and makes me happy. I just placed an order for a soft top X and I am hoping to have a quick turnover.

I understand that ordering a Rubi, or a hard top or mygig is a whole 'nother animal, but I want to know what they wait times are these days for an X or Sahara with a soft top (4-door perferably). So if you ordered one since the new year.... post what wait time you had or currently have.

Thanks!
-Mark
Old 03-20-2007, 11:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by markderidder
I've been noticing lately that some people are getting their JK orders within 4 weeks of ordering which blows me away... and makes me happy. I just placed an order for a soft top X and I am hoping to have a quick turnover.

I understand that ordering a Rubi, or a hard top or mygig is a whole 'nother animal, but I want to know what they wait times are these days for an X or Sahara with a soft top (4-door perferably). So if you ordered one since the new year.... post what wait time you had or currently have.

Thanks!
-Mark
In most places there is probably zero wait. I know in Oklahoma City, at last count, there was at least 15 X/Sahara's both Unlimited and 2dr, on the lots waiting for a happy home. There was 1 rubicon. If I wanted an X or Sahara I could have driven home happy months ago.

you might look around at dealer inventories and consider driving a bit or have the dealer do a swap so you don't have to wait.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Good idea, but there are two reasons why I won't pick one up off a lot:

1.) I want non-typically equipped options (ie side airbags, tow pkg)

2.) I am getting almost $2500 below MRSP by ordering. That wouldn't fly for a JK on the lot.

-Mark
Old 03-20-2007, 12:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by markderidder
Good idea, but there are two reasons why I won't pick one up off a lot:

1.) I want non-typically equipped options (ie side airbags, tow pkg)

2.) I am getting almost $2500 below MRSP by ordering. That wouldn't fly for a JK on the lot.

-Mark
You may have trouble finding the options you want, so that's a valid reason to order, but unless you're trying to buy a Rubicon (which you're not), there's no reason to pay anywhere near sticker for one on the lot - the dealer's already paying DCX on it, and their holdback is getting smaller as time goes on ... so they should be willing to deal.

I ordered my Sahara (options detailed in sig lines) on 12/29, and it arrived on 2/21... less than 2 month wait. Out the door (tax, title, reg, etc.), and WITH a 7-year 75000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, I still paid less than MSRP... so don't think that no one wants to deal!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:07 PM
JK Freak

i waited 28 days. another forum member by the name of willyjp or something waited like 26 days. i think i may have seen someone else with an even shorter wait - 24 days or so. timing seems to be good for ordering.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I waited 27 days for my dual top Sahara. Id say order your JK.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another advantage of ordering is it should not have been test driven. Test drives can be hard on a new engine.

I think the lead time for Wranglers in general is listed at 16-18 weeks. Figure that Rubis and various restrictions are driving that up and I would guess that you should expect your non-Rubi soft top in 8-12 weeks (or less). Remember, dealer allocation plays a big part also and I think there is a new restriction on 6 spds.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cab76
Another advantage of ordering is it should not have been test driven. Test drives can be hard on a new engine.
not wanting a test driven vehicle was a big part of the reason we decided to order....if i'm gonna get a new vehicle, i'll be the one breaking it in, not the randoms around town.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Most of the people getting orders in 4 weeks or so are ordering a 2dr, not an Unlimited. Unlimited's with no parts on restriction (hard top, Mygig, etc) are going through faster too.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

I got mine in 24 days.

Quick Reply: Current wait time for a soft top X, or Sahara