Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Current Factory Incentives

Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current Factory Incentives

I purchased 2009 jeep last fall with no factory incentives a got what I thought to be a pretty good discount from the dealer. I am thinking of buying a 2nd jeep, so I was pricing out a 2009 Unlimited X and noticed about $4500 in factory incentives. I called my deal assuming they could give me similar discount in addition to the factory incentives, but they will not budge. My feeling is that the dealer is now getting the factory incentives and not the customer. Am I wrong here? Is seems like the same old deal, just a different name.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone from the day time readers have any thoughts? Also, anyone know of any dealers near the Minneapolis area that might have better deals than what I am getting offered?
Old 03-31-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They could be just playing hardball with you since you only called. If you walked down to the lot they might get serious and lower the pricing.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

I just bought an 09 Rubicon yesterday, and with the incentives and rebates, including Employee Pricing, it came down in price about $9K. The Rubi had a sticker price of $35K, but it sold to me for $26,700. I turned in a lease for it, and had to roll about $3k back into the Rubi, but it still gave me the brand new Rubi for under $30K, which ends up being over $5K below sticker. Go in, and shop around. If they want to sell you a new Jeep bad enough, they will get the price down.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

I was told, that with employee pricing, and rebates, that puts the price at about invoice. Not sure how true that is.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
They could be just playing hardball with you since you only called. If you walked down to the lot they might get serious and lower the pricing.
I assume they know I am serious, I just bought one from them 6 months ago and they remember me well and know who I am. But maybe face to face will get me another 3K+ on the deal.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

shop your deal to multiple dealers , make them beat each other down !
Old 04-01-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dads jk
shop your deal to multiple dealers , make them beat each other down !

I don't have but just a couple dealers near me. There is just one with a large inventory and that was who I was dealing with. They are normally pretty good to deal with, but I sensed a whole different situation this time around compared to buying my Rubicon last fall. I guess times have gotten hard and they need to do what they need to do. I think I will wait out and take my chances on what April and May incentives have to offer.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Newbie

The dealer I was talking to yesterday said Employee++ was still in effect and they were giving 110% of KBB on trades...what values in KBB I am not sure, but thats what he told me.

Quick Reply: Current Factory Incentives