Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

crooked stealership

Old 07-21-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crooked stealership

I stopped by a local jeep dealer before i purchased mine and was blown away when i saw 50k dollar rubis and even 40k dollar sports. Every jeep they have has a lack of avalablility mark up of at least 5k. I saw one jeep with a basic lift and some wheels and they were charing 10 grand for that. I laughed when i saw this and the salesman said that wranglers are hard to get. So i just went 30 mins down the road to a better dealer and got mine. Anybody else seen this nonsense.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

We have a dealer in Mass doing the same thing! Cheap parts and huge mark ups! Good thing there's 3 other dealers within 30 minutes of us.
I bought mine and built it myself, saved a ton.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

My neighbor was a retard and bought his 2012 Rubicon with a RC 4" Sport (super basic), 35" Mud Grapplers, 18" KMC Rockstars

Paid 54k for it. I told him to take it back and get a basic Rubi for 20K less and I'll build it for him.

His wife didn't want to take it back... Poor guy got bent over at the dealership.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

i feel sorry for people who pay that much, these jeeps are expensive enough stock. i cant imagine paying 50k for a JK. id rather buy a big diesel or a BMW for that much
Old 07-21-2012, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Ive got one. I ve seen a Ford dealer selling a performance upgrade system for $1000. Can you say superchips? They do the install for you while you wait as a courtesy.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one of my buddies at work recently bought a loaded out sahara with the top of the line mopar fox 3 inch lift with reservoir shocks , 35 inch tires and nice micky thompsonwheels , it also had all kinds of chrome add ons , mirrors , door latches etc he paid 50k gulp the lift sells for about 2500 tires and wheels another 2000 the add on chrome not sure , but that alot of money for a jeep no tellin what they charged to install it all lol
Old 07-22-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There's not a buy that can't be beat, there's a butt for every seat....The American Way- buy LOW, sell HIGH!
Old 07-22-2012, 06:29 PM
JK Newbie

The wife and I tried to buy 2 jeeps today at a dealership in atlanta that had both vehicles on the lot; Rubicon MW3 and a fully loaded Liberty with the skyslider top. Combined purchase price for both was about $60,000 and we didn't haggle on price. The dealbreaker was the insulting trade they wanted us to accept for our 2000 Mustang that has no mechanical defects and is in pretty good shape with 160,000 miles. Not wanting to be unreasonable, but I felt the car was worth a lot more than $250 (no, that's not a typo). Rather than negotiate a fair trade, they snatched up the paperwork and said that was their final offer. We were there for over 3 hours getting the usual car-buying runaround experience, and while we were there, we witnessed a lot of others walking out for the same reason. It's unfortunate that Jeep is starting to be a victim of it's newly found success.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I considered trading my 2011 for a 2012 crush. It was stickered at 26k but they were asking about 33k because they installed a 2 inch lift and bigger tires (I forget the size) oh and it had tail light covers. Once I saw the additional charges I forgot about that deal!
Old 07-22-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thorsome
The wife and I tried to buy 2 jeeps today at a dealership in atlanta that had both vehicles on the lot; Rubicon MW3 and a fully loaded Liberty with the skyslider top. Combined purchase price for both was about $60,000 and we didn't haggle on price. The dealbreaker was the insulting trade they wanted us to accept for our 2000 Mustang that has no mechanical defects and is in pretty good shape with 160,000 miles. Not wanting to be unreasonable, but I felt the car was worth a lot more than $250 (no, that's not a typo). Rather than negotiate a fair trade, they snatched up the paperwork and said that was their final offer. We were there for over 3 hours getting the usual car-buying runaround experience, and while we were there, we witnessed a lot of others walking out for the same reason. It's unfortunate that Jeep is starting to be a victim of it's newly found success.
Sell your mustang out right, take the cash to put down toward a Jeep at another dealership an once you have your new Jeeps drive by the original dealer beep and wave

Quick Reply: crooked stealership