Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Crappy Gibson

Old 10-26-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crappy Gibson

Hey guys I have the Gibson exhaust dual outlet and i noticed today that the welds are not connected so now my exhaust is so loud. I drove off my driveway and the exhaust falls off. I took it off now i have no exhaust. I bought earlier this year from Quadratec, what should I do? can anyone help.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get a lawyer!!!
Gibson is a pretty good company out of Corona CA, call 'em in the morning I'm sure they'll take care of you.
Email them some pics to help you claim.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Newbie

ya they have problems with that exhaust. mine broke welds in 3 places from flex i think. thought of calling and getting a new one,,,but heck all i did was re-weld and she as good as new. still after getting the dual rear gibson i regret it. beating it up pretty bad and my tips are bent from hitting stuff...next one is going to be side swept.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

same boat as your brother, i regret my dual outlet, my first set the welds broke clear off and it was 6 months old and i called them and they said you are fine they will take care of it no cost, I had to pay to get my broke ass muffler back and pay shipping to get my new one, then a month later i got a bill in the mail that said the muffler rotted out and that they are keeping my deposit on my credit card for 160, i will never buy gibson again....
Old 10-26-2008, 09:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Aren't they advertising the million mile guarantee?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Good to know!!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I called Quadratec today they pulled up my recipt and they said that they will replace it. I told them that I dont want the Gibson back cause I dont want to deal with it happening again. Quadratec said to pick a new and pay the diffrence if there is any. I dont know which one to get. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default gibson single outlet

I have had mine for over a year and a half now and have had no problems. I have wheeled through mud,snow,sand,and dry trails and it still sounds good.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just drive without the exhaust.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well thats how it is now with no exhaust. I dont llike the way it sounds. Its too loud for me plus my little one says it hurts her ears. Its my daily driver so i need to get it fixed ASAP. Does anybody know how the Banks exhaust sound for the JK.

Quick Reply: Crappy Gibson