Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cover for back of rear seats

Old 01-08-2010, 06:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cover for back of rear seats

I've searched and found tons of seat cover/cargo mat threads but not the info I'm looking for, so here I am.

I have a Husky liner and it's great but I want something that will cover the back of the rear seats when they are folded down. I haul lots of stuff and the carpet on the back of the rear seats is looking pretty bad. I would like a rubber or plastic cover/liner for the back of the rear seats.

Anyone know of something like this?
Old 01-08-2010, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a great thought, sorry i know nothing of that. but depending on the size of the husky liner or other liners, i wonder if u could buy a second liner and custom cut it yourself to fit over the seats when folded down. maybe the cargo liner for the 4 door would be big enough and cut it to size. if there are no prodcuts out there yet, i would look into that
Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by captjay
thats a great thought, sorry i know nothing of that. but depending on the size of the husky liner or other liners, i wonder if u could buy a second liner and custom cut it yourself to fit over the seats when folded down. maybe the cargo liner for the 4 door would be big enough and cut it to size. if there are no prodcuts out there yet, i would look into that
That's something I've thought of and would be easy to lay across the folded rear seats but I would like a way to attach it to them......uum.......
Old 01-08-2010, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Calypso
That's something I've thought of and would be easy to lay across the folded rear seats but I would like a way to attach it to them......uum.......
hmmmmmmm, ok you got me on that one. i'll have to look at the seat and see what could be done
Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't neoprene seat covers stretch over the back?
Or do you want something solid?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:32 PM
JK Jedi

Seat covers would cover the back carpet.....

if you are looking for a solid piece...have you look at purchasing a rubber truck box mat and just cut it to fit the JK's contours.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

You can purchase rubber mat off of a roll at Tractor Supply, cut it to fit, then fasten it to the back of the seats.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Robar
You can purchase rubber mat off of a roll at Tractor Supply, cut it to fit, then fasten it to the back of the seats.
yea i mentioned that too, but i think its a problem of attatching to back of seat. from what it sounds like, he would also want the seat up and it still attatched , that way u dont have to go back and forth taking it in and out
Old 01-09-2010, 02:41 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by captjay
yea i mentioned that too, but i think its a problem of attatching to back of seat. from what it sounds like, he would also want the seat up and it still attatched , that way u dont have to go back and forth taking it in and out

Rubber would work...just have to roll up the portion that sits on the back seat or just double fold it when you want the seats up.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Rubber would work...just have to roll up the portion that sits on the back seat or just double fold it when you want the seats up.
Or put adhesive velcro strips on the underside of the rubber? The hook side of the velcro might stick to the carpet pretty well.

Quick Reply: Cover for back of rear seats