Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Could this be too good to be true???

Old 12-02-2007, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
isn't that $400 less than $100 under MSRP....I thought MSRP is sticker price.
typo in the origional post...
Old 12-02-2007, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

I called the Sam's Club dealership and they gave me Friends and Family (1% below invoice) and the additional Sam's discount of $300 for a Rubicon ........... best deal I have found ........ not in stock, have to order ..........we'll see ..........
Old 12-02-2007, 10:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most dealerships are willing to go below MSRP if you are willing to wait. I know the dealership near my house is willing to go 2% below invoice if I am willing to wait.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Littlejon
Most dealerships are willing to go below MSRP if you are willing to wait. I know the dealership near my house is willing to go 2% below invoice if I am willing to wait.

How long of a wait? What dealership? Feel free to PM me the details.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:57 AM
JK Junkie

I am going through Stew Hansens in Des Moines, and the wait will be however long it takes Jeep to build it (seems like most people are waiting 6 months for a Rubi with all the options). I did an electronic printout and e-mailed it to the 5 different Jeep dealershiops in my area, and let them know who I work for (the largest employer in Iowa and we get the EP discount of 1% below invoice) that I am a Costco member, and that I e-mailed it to every other dealer in the area. I didn't need to negotiate. Within 2 days I had quotes from all of the dealerships for exactly what I wanted, and so I went and signed the papers. Now all I have to do is wait for it to come.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

With the New Car market the way it is, invoice (or very close to) should not be hard to bargain for.

Show them your serious about buying and wait it out. They need to sell vehicles worse than we need to buy them.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 AM
JK Junkie

As long as the dealership knows that this is not an impulse decision and you are willing to wait then they will come down in price very quickly. Most people however go into a dealership, and get excited about a new car, and don't want to go home empty handed. Thes are the people that the dealership thrives on. As long as you let them know that you are looking at other dealerships too, they will drop the price, and be more willing to negotiate.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:13 AM
JK Super Freak

My dealer tried the whole you pay sticker for a wrangler game. I went to three dealers. They all said the same thing. I finally got one to locate my JK 300 miles away. Paid invoice minus the aluminum 17" wheel and tire upgrade that I didn't want. I got the color I wanted, the options, and none of the junk I didn't want. And the best part, they bought my wheels and tires back for that same invoice amount again once my new wheels came in.

I must say that my dealership is great to deal with even if they know absolutly nothing about Jeeps.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Dave Smith Motors

Man, I gotta tell ya, it's too bad your not closer to Kellogg ID... Dave Smith Motors sold me my rig for $850 under dealer invoice. They even picked up my one way airline ticket to get there and pick it up. The price and service were incredible.

I will definitely buy there again.

--Sky

Quick Reply: Could this be too good to be true???