Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cost to Repair Large Dent/Scratches in Quarter Panel

Old 06-16-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh that sucks, half drunk, half blind (non-driving to boot) AND she's a family friend. As you describe the story, you would think she would fess up to having SOME involvement. Good luck brother.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am no lawyer, but I had a similar incident a few years ago (about 2 days after getting my new car). The police report and the insurance found us both equally at fault (50/50). Now thinkfully I was able to get the parking lot video from the store to prove my case, but according to the LEO we were both moving and therefore both at fault because we both failed to take proper precautions and pay attention. Seem's that was a pretty standard rulling for parking lot incidents. This all took place in Tacoma so laws may be different in your area, but 50/50 culpability sounds right to me.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can arrange for your company to evaluate the damage, and still pay the damage out-of-pocket. This sounds pretty strong for a dent repair and refinish of the damaged area, unless the dent is sizable and there is a couple of adjacent panels to blend the paint on. Don't pay damages on an estimate- pay the actual repair bill TO THE SHOP. That way all money you are turning loose of goes for repairs.....It's VERY common in the bodyshop industry for a job to be written including EVERYTHING, and then once the money changes hands the repairs are all of a sudden downgraded to the MINIMUM, allowing the owner to pocket a sizable chunk of your cash.

Quick Reply: Cost to Repair Large Dent/Scratches in Quarter Panel