Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cop pulled me over because I was doorless

Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ludski
what you talking about. going doorless should result in life in jail!!! forget the shootings!!!! theres a guy out enjoying his life!!! a police officer, his first thought is, my life sucks, so i might as wwell make his life suck! HI HO SILVER AWAYYYYYY!!
<shaking head sadly> ok ludski, show me on this doll where the bad police officer touched you.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blw
This is where a libertarian philosophy would help keep it real. Government should have no interest in whether we have our doors on or off! How is having your doors off hurting someone else, unless you have children or minors in the vehicle with you? This nanny-statism, rampant on the east and west coasts, drives me crazy.
finnd1 likes this post.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

I was pulled over in Oregon for not having a front license plate. I tried to explain to him (after showing him my Arizona registration and him running my Arizona plates) that in AZ we arent required to have front plates. His reply, "all states require front plates" I wasnt going to get anywhere with him. I got a nice lecture on why front plates are mandatory from him though. Thankfully my door were installed or I'd probably be locked up now!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gt6star
I was pulled over in Oregon for not having a front license plate. I tried to explain to him (after showing him my Arizona registration and him running my Arizona plates) that in AZ we arent required to have front plates. His reply, "all states require front plates" I wasnt going to get anywhere with him. I got a nice lecture on why front plates are mandatory from him though. Thankfully my door were installed or I'd probably be locked up now!
Good grief
Old 07-12-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gt6star
Hmm all of them do? Someone better let the State of Michigan know that! Only rear plate required here!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeep_creep
Here in British Columbia Canada it is not legal to have no doors or tube doors, the vehicle must have doors on it if it came from the factory with them on it, I have asked many RCMP officers if they would give me a ticket or a warning and they all said no they would not but they also said if a cvse officer sees me with no doors they HAVE to give me a ticket and possible inspection, i think it's a stupid law but if it wasn't there then you would see every 4x4 driving down the road with no doors on them and I think it could cause some problems
There is nothing in the MVA for BC that says tube doors are not allowed. It just says you must have doors if the vehicle came from the factory with doors on it. It does not say you must have factory doors.

I talked to an inspection agency here in Parksville and they said they would most likely pass a tube doors on a Jeep if they were in good working order. I also talked to the head inspection guy in Victoria and he said that he would not question the inspection done on tube doors whether they pass or fail.

-----------------------------------------
Here is the wording exactly for BC:

Door, body, hood
11 The vehicle shall comply with section 19.02 of the regulations with regard to size and dimension.

Doors — Doors shall be installed in a vehicle where the vehicle was manufactured with doors.

The doors with which a vehicle is equipped shall be in good working order, and any hinge, latch or handle must not be broken, missing or inoperable.

The doors shall not be warped, twisted or weakened to the extent that a slight jar will open them.

A door shall be capable of being opened or closed with normal effort.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TMJK2007
Hmm all of them do? Someone better let the State of Michigan know that! Only rear plate required here!
Maybe he was a rogue cop that dosnt play by the rules, making up laws for the entire nation to follow. I should count myself lucky I survived meeting Supercop at all!

Quick Reply: Cop pulled me over because I was doorless