Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cop pulled me over because I was doorless

Old 07-12-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ

Nevr had a problem here in Jersey. Always have doors off, thats the only time I wear my seatbelt too. I do have mirror kits for both sides as well.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:52 AM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is where a libertarian philosophy would help keep it real. Government should have no interest in whether we have our doors on or off! How is having your doors off hurting someone else, unless you have children or minors in the vehicle with you? This nanny-statism, rampant on the east and west coasts, drives me crazy.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RAINSTATEBEAR
The motorcycle argument is a lame one, for that type of reasoning we should have to drive our jeeps with a helmet on like motorcyclists are required to with no doors or roof.
No, because we wear seatbelts.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a Jeep and motorcycle owner and driver I read with interest the comparisions and see points for both, but who ever said the law was fair? It is not and never will be IMHO - I have law enforcement on both sides of the family and they would not give a ticket for a doorless Jeep ,but if I read the posts correctly PA has a no helmet law and wants you to keep ya doors on thats an oxy moron if I ever head of one!
Here in North Carolina I see pick-up trucks, Cherokee's and Wrangler's without doors and not know of anyone ever getting a ticket - it must be a redneck thing?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by etsam7655
thats really stupid cuz i am in michigan, and i have never been puled over for having my doors off or anything like that but i have been pulled over twice, one for having my foot on the edge of the crack and resting out side the car just a little bit and then he also sighted me for not having shoes on while i was driving, i had saddles and i took them off cuz its hard to shift, and that was it, i didnt even have any out side mirrors, so i was wondering could he have given me a ticket for that???
Michigan rocks
Old 07-12-2011, 07:53 AM
jdk
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ssg381
Does anyone know anything about door-less in Texas?
Been pulled over in Texas by DPS and local police never an issue for no doors. The only problem I have has is with local cops not being able to see my inspection sticker behind my windshield light so I moved the sticker up slightly. Told him if he was close enough to see my sticker he was ALSO close enough to read and run my plates which would give him all the information he needed.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKU Rubicon
Doorless: no problem in Quebec

But, some cities around Montreal, the police can give you a ticket if the JK is parked; because the "doors" are not locked
carry a picture, on your phone, of your doors hanging in the garage with the locks clearly activated.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am surprised they havent started ticketing jeeps up here for no doors, they will ticket for pretty much anything else that isnt factory.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Knock on wood, I'm in the Lehigh Valley, PA and have run doorless quite a bit without mirrors and have passed cops without incident. I do need to figure out what I want to do for mirrors eventually.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
Michigan rocks
Agreed! I've never been bothered by cops! Then again, one cop in town has a really nice TJ!

Quick Reply: Cop pulled me over because I was doorless