Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cop pulled me over because I was doorless

Old 06-20-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mvnolan
Actually you have to have 2 mirrors in Texas to pass inspection. It doesn't matter which 2, but they must be there.
not true I had my jeep inspected with the doors off no mirrors, didnt say a word about it.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mvnolan
Actually you have to have 2 mirrors in Texas to pass inspection. It doesn't matter which 2, but they must be there.
You only have to have one mirror as stated in a few post after mine. You are in Navasota, i'm not too far from you. Where do you go wheeling?
Old 06-20-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SWAT524
I am a Cop and have been for 10 years now . I have never nor would I ever stop somebody for not having the jeep doors off of the jeep in which they are driving. The vehicle is designed to have the doors off when weather permits. This cop that wrote this completely unnecessary ticket is probably a retarded ass rookie that is trying to use his badge as a show of power and if I was his Sgt. I would put his ass on foot patrol faster than you could spit. I will apologize on behalf of law enforcement around the country for this ticket it isn't much but at least someone has said it. I go doorless all the time and will post pics along with this post. Now that being said if you dont have mirrors on with out doors you are a danger to yourself and other so please buck up and buy some after market mirrors. God Bless SWAT524

thats awesome.. i wish all cops where this cool
Old 06-20-2010, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BS when I see it

Originally Posted by CreepJeep
we have no inspection here in Arkansas.
but, in the same breath that gives cops carte blanc to pull you over for
any "infraction" they deem.
OK don't go around telling them we can just stop you for that because that is untrue . And as far as the inspection that is done by the Arkansas State Police in Random checkpoints at which time if there is a infraction they give you a warning until the vehicle repairs can be done. So in closing speaking about something and and knowing about something is 2 different things . God Bless SWAT524
Old 07-11-2011, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by opdsgt
I'd like to apologize to the OP on behalf of the national law enforcement community. I'm sorry for the negative experience he had. While it appears the officer was justified in the stop and citing the driver, it's never excusable to scream, demean, or act unprofessionally with the taxpayers - the folks who pay us to be out there.

I've been on the job for 22 years and have matured a lot in that time. I'm a supervisor now, a sergeant in a fairly large midwestern city (about 800,000 people in the greater metro area). I still make my share of stops, but it's rare that I issue tickets. I seem to be able to effect change in driving behavior by giving breaks, but curry favor for the PD at the same time.

Try not to generalize about your paladins in blue, brown, olive and gray. Most of 'em are guys and gals just like you, out trying to make a difference and earn a living for their families.
+1 could not have said it better....

and really....WHO DOESN'T LIKE DONUTS???????????
Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pennsylvania, eh? The founding fathers would be so PISSED!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepoholic

I have a degree in criminal justice so I can relate to you a little even though I'm not an Officer.
I just want to know the difference in some one driving a motorcycle with no doors,roof,front or rear bumper and someone driving a jeep with no doors but still has a roll cage,front bumper and a rear bumper not including the obvious difference in size of the two vehicle's.
Not to mention the driver of the jeep more than likely was wearing his/her seatbelt.
Last I checked motorcycles are not equipped with seat belt restraints, just a helmet to keep the brain matter from flying all over the ground when they hit the jeep that has his/her doors off.
I don't understand stupid laws like this.
The motorcycle argument is a lame one, for that type of reasoning we should have to drive our jeeps with a helmet on like motorcyclists are required to with no doors or roof.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in British Columbia Canada it is not legal to have no doors or tube doors, the vehicle must have doors on it if it came from the factory with them on it, I have asked many RCMP officers if they would give me a ticket or a warning and they all said no they would not but they also said if a cvse officer sees me with no doors they HAVE to give me a ticket and possible inspection, i think it's a stupid law but if it wasn't there then you would see every 4x4 driving down the road with no doors on them and I think it could cause some problems
Old 07-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by bizeball
Today a cop pulled me over because I was doorless, he gave me a warning and gave me a paper to get signed by another cop proving I put my doors back on. I have been driving my Jeep in Pa for two years now with out a problem. Anyone know the exact law? I do use a mirror relocation kit.
As he was handing you the citation, you should have handed him your Jeep Membership Card which reads, "It's a Jeep thing......you wouldn't understand......asshole!!!"
Old 07-12-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its my second week going doorless and so far no problems here in PA. I live in Reading and have driven by a few cops so far and have not had a problem. i guess it all just depends where you live and who the cops are. If its a city cop they have more important things to worry about than a guy with no doors. (shootings)

Last edited by nathanmares; 07-12-2011 at 05:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Cop pulled me over because I was doorless