Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

COP 4x4 or DESERT RAT?

Old 05-09-2012, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COP 4x4 or DESERT RAT?

What's a better all around off road shop in the Phoenix area?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

DESERT RAT

Don't even get me started on COP 4x4. Those guys may know how to put a hemi in a JK and give it a stupid, oversized lift then paint the vehicle to look like a Hot Wheels toy, but they don't know how to fix issues like crabbing or steering wheel shimmy or death wobble....

In a nutshell: I went to COP 4x4 four times in a row trying to cure a past DW issue after installing a new lift. They did wheel alignment after wheel alignment. Sold me this component and that component. The whole time too they kept saying it was my tires being "C" rated instead of "D" or "E," which I knew was BS because I had those tires on my previous lift before upgrading and had no problem then.

Finally I had enough and chatted with a representative at Desert Rat. He assured me that his mechanics could solve the problem. Long story short I went to Desert Rat and the guy checked everything from steering geometry to my torque settings to wheel alignment, etc. The problem was shot ball joints. I got them replaced with an aftermarket brand of ball joints and my JK has been kicking ass since.

Again, DESERT RAT!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Desert Rat all the way!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:46 PM
JK Newbie

desert rat gets another vote. COP does not do there own allignments they send it outside and they dont adjust caster....
Old 06-20-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

how does an off road shop get away with not setting caster?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolute Offroad is a great shop. Offroad Evolution recommended them to me to get my Evo corner armor and tire carrier installed. But this thread is over a month and a half old and the OP has prob already had the work done.

Quick Reply: COP 4x4 or DESERT RAT?