Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Convince Me

Old 01-18-2007, 07:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
If you need convincing, you probably aren't ready to get rid of your truck. You'd probably also love your Jeep, but any problems it may have will be amplified in your mind. Put it off a few months, if you can.
I agree here..

I tried to convince myself we didnt need a 4th jeep

It didnt work, My wife convinced me we did.....

If your not totally sure,. Theres no harm in waiting.,
Old 01-19-2007, 04:13 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the advice guys. I am little rushed to make the decision, because the Chevy certainly isn't appreciating. The dealer will hold the appraised price of 16k until monday. I think that is pretty good, considering the other dealers I went to only would give me between 14k and 15k. Not to mention, supplier discount looks to be $400 under invoice. I am pretty sure I am going to do it.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Those are all good reasons. If you can get a trade in value for a large pickup now that is close to what you would like to get, it's probably a good idea to take it. My dad has a 2000 Silverado with every option and 25000 miles. He thought about selling it. Blue book was ~12000, his best offer was 7000. No thanks.

Plus, the Jeep is FANTASTIC!
Old 01-19-2007, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Woods
I'm going from an Audi A6 twin turbo. I have not even been on the market for a car, but this came along, and I just had to have it.
Theres a fairly good point here. If you love your truck, why take a chance?
If you are going from a 2.7T, you are sooooooooo happy! We just sold ours and if I never see another Audi (loved to drive it), it will be way too soon. So said from someone who dropped $5000 in sensors into it in a 14 month period out of warranty, with no guarantees that another one of the 200+ ones that are in the thing wouldn't go out tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Convince Me