Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Consumer Reports says the Wrangler Unlimited is the #1 SUV you don't want to drive

Old 11-13-2008, 04:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We'll need to get pissed if CR starts giving it high marks!!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha "Highs: Off-road ability"

"Consumer Reports performs off-road testing at its Connecticut proving grounds, but off-road ability doesn't factor into the final scores."

Hm...so its best attribute is its ability off-road and they don't count that...ITS RIGGED!
Old 11-13-2008, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Spank
Which is funny considering there are more soccer moms in Jeeps now since the dawn of the JK. I can't count how many times I've seen trophie wives piling half a store into the back of a four door Rubicon that'll never once see a trail.
WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! These things come with available trophy wife as an option???? Is this only for Unlimited's or Rubicon's? I might have to look into an aftermarket trophy wife then. (Wait I think its called internet mail order brides....)
Old 11-13-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's a JEEP thing they wouldn't understand
Old 11-14-2008, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Screw 'em. I love my Jeep and if they are too stupid to understand it, that's their problem.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robin
agree, I believe the wrangler is the worst on road vehicle, I wouldn't let my parents drive my jeep, I don't think they could handled it, a few of my friends have ask me what I think of them trading their SUV'S for a jeep, I say no way., but I completly understand, my jeep is just that, a jeep, not a SUV not a car, and that's the way I like it ..... aha aha
Don't really understand what you're saying here.
I would consider the XJ sport an on-road vehicle, as you see many on the highway's driven by young and old alike.
I can tell you after trading the wifes 99XJ for a JK unlimited, she's estatic.
The handling of the JK is far superior. More stable, better braking, better turning radius, more room, and by far, better looking.
Irregardless of what Consumer Report says, DC manufactured a winner with the JK Unlimited.

Quick Reply: Consumer Reports says the Wrangler Unlimited is the #1 SUV you don't want to drive