Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Consumer Reports says the Wrangler Unlimited is the #1 SUV you don't want to drive

Old 11-13-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrt
Don't over think this. Consumer Reports is practically owned by Toyota.
Soooooo true!

I frickin hate consumer report, I wish they would pull there heads out of their a$$es and give up on trying to do write ups on the Wrangler.

Hey Consumer report.....hows the resale on the Wrangler?
Old 11-13-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GrimsbyAl
Does it really matter what other people (non jeep owners think anyway?)
When all these people with their blinged out Hummers and want to be Jeeps go to the beach and park in the lot then stand by their blinged out mall crawling pavement pansy waitng for the girls to walk by.
We are the ones that can drive out to the beach and get them.

When the road stops we're just getting started!!

Al
AMEN!
Old 11-13-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hahahaha...

I really got you guys fired up!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Former Member

You guys are all jumping way on the defensive really quickly. Don't take it for more than face value. Granted, the article should have been titled, "11 Worst Vehicles," they're simply saying that all these cars, trucks, and SUVs tested do not make relatively good daily drivers and do not appeal to the common consumer (a niche no JK owner fits).
Old 11-13-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
You guys are all jumping way on the defensive really quickly. Don't take it for more than face value. Granted, the article should have been titled, "11 Worst Vehicles," they're simply saying that all these cars, trucks, and SUVs tested do not make relatively good daily drivers and do not appeal to the common consumer (a niche no JK owner fits).
agree, I believe the wrangler is the worst on road vehicle, I wouldn't let my parents drive my jeep, I don't think they could handled it, a few of my friends have ask me what I think of them trading their SUV'S for a jeep, I say no way., but I completly understand, my jeep is just that, a jeep, not a SUV not a car, and that's the way I like it ..... aha aha
Old 11-13-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Just Empty Every Pocket
Hahahaha...

I really got you guys fired up!!!
Yep, and its prolly gonna get worse......

Let me keep it going.....

Hey Consumer Reports...."F off and die".
Old 11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

A spokeswoman for Chrysler pointed out that the Jeep and Dodge vehicles in this list were fundamentally engineered for heavy-duty off-road use and the Jeeps, in particular, have been rated highly by other publications.
Yet if you go off road they want to void your warranty
Old 11-13-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I agree and disagree.

If you're a Jeep person, you're simply a Jeep person.

One of my buddies really liked my Jeep, but admitted he would not wheel it like I do. I told him that I would not buy a JK if I did not intend to take it off road. If off road were not an option, I'd rather have an M45 or an FX50. But, since I live in the mountains, I can't immagine having anything other than a JK.

I tried to compromise and picked up an Overland Commander for which I installed a lift, KM2's and rock rails. It still did not cut it. I'm back in a Jeep for good. I'll only ever buy a third vehicle, not trade or sell the JK.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:52 PM
JK Super Freak

I dont know what all the fuss is about. First its an american made vehicle which automatically puts it on the bottom of the list.

Then its a solid axle off road beast, but they only drive on road and look for nice manners.

So it makes sense to me, I hope they never get a jeep cause they will then be off road and they might be in my way. I want to be with people who get it.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Come on now.... is anyone really suprised!?!?! I'm taken aback by all the shock and how could they's.

Consumer reports have NEVER like Wranglers. Never will... every criteria they judge is everything a Wrangler is not while they don't look at or value everything a Wrangler is.

People who know don't go to consumer reports before buying their JK's.

I could care less what they say.

Quick Reply: Consumer Reports says the Wrangler Unlimited is the #1 SUV you don't want to drive